Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

best time to list timeshare for sale

Jul 06, 2018

We have a timeshare in Liki Tiki Village, Kissimmee FL. Our week is week 23. Is there a better time of year to list this for sale or doesn't it really matter.

Laura L.
Jul 06, 2018

First things first. Your timeshare probably has zero resale value. The Central FL area is flooded with timeshares that can't even be given away. Make sure you are well aware of the realistic resale value of your unit. If you are serious about unloading this, you can start advertising now.

Use reputable websites such as RedWeek, E-Bay, My Resort Network, or Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com). TUG has a Bargain Deals section where you can list for free that you want to give your unit away.

The most important thing that bears repeating is to never pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. Any outfit that asks you to do so is probably a scam.

Lance C.
Jul 15, 2018

I am a former timeshare sales and marketing executive. Why are you selling it? - just curious.

Wayne C.
Jul 20, 2018

Wondering if mountainside at silvercreek Has any successful sellers

John J.
Jul 20, 2018

joan941- You will find the historical resale data for your timeshare on our Resources tab under "What's My Timeshare Worth?" Or you can go directly to that page by clicking on this link: What's My Timeshare Worth

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jul 21, 2018

Like the gentleman says, there is no resale value. Why go through all the hassles and pay more money? Simply contact the resort to cancel. Quite easy, once it is paid in full.

You'd be like the girlfriend who broke up with her boyfriend. He'll get mad, upset and even make idol threats, but that's all they can do.

Wayne C.

Last edited by vhines on Jul 25, 2018 07:54 AM

Aug 10, 2018

Thanks for sharing this link. (the, "what's my timeshare worth")

Very helpful to see the difference between "active" and "historical" rentals and sales.

Elizabeth M.

Last edited by lizm109 on Aug 10, 2018 12:14 PM

Aug 14, 2018

Bought it from a friend of a friend for just about nothing. We didn't realize we had to pay more in order to be able to go to a different location. Just want to try to sell it for whatever we can get because we won't use it.

Laura L.
Aug 14, 2018

Thank you. I did look up the historical value on Redweek so I do see it's not worth much. That's fine, we paid almost nothing for it to begin with - bought it from a friend of a friend. Just didn't know if there was a "better" time of year to list it. Thanks again for the information!

Laura L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.