General Discussion

Could offer any further advice or guidance?

Jul 12, 2018

Hi All,

I have been researching Vacation Memberships and Timeshares in hopes of finding the best solution for my young and fledgling family. With today's costs of gas, airfare, weekly resorts stays (often averaging 1200 to 1500 per week). I'm hoping to find a long term solution that will afford our family to take several vacations each year to spend more quality time together.

I've been checking into various time share opportunities and recently ran across this website for Global Resorts Network pertaining to their membership priveledges that are life long and allow for unlimited use at over 5000 participating four star & five star resorts for no more than 799 for a week but more often the price is around 299 to 499 per week at these resorts.

I spoke with a few Global Resorts Network members and was delighted at some of their reports of savings and the quality of the resorts that they experienced when using the Global Resorts Membership. They also said that I could use it as many times per year as I want. I like that about this GRN membership. I also like the fact that it doesn't cost me tens or thousands to get involved with.

I was wondering if anyone that has had experiences with both Time Shares and Global Resorts Network stays could offer any further advice or guidance?

Thank you for your input.

A T.
Jul 12, 2018

In researching Global resorts, I found 4 listings, 1 in NC, 2 in AZ. and 1 in AL., with the first 3 rated as "F" by the BBB with only Alabama as an A+. Not being knowledgeable about Global resorts, to many red flags here. To your remark of 5,000 participating resorts and hotels. I don't think II has that many world wide. As a TS owner I have access to interval, have used "getaways" for weekly stays, but as an owner/member have not experienced the weekly rate your describing. I can stay at any one but at an owners rate IF there is opening. As many times as I want. As to "life long", there is always a time limit as to ownership/participation and that varies. As to cost, check the fine print. I would think that in there some where is a never ending cost, either in membership, reservations, it just "sounds to good to be true" and we all know about that. JUST MY IMO.

William P.

Last edited by williamp511 on Jul 12, 2018 06:02 AM

Jul 13, 2018

This sounds more to me like a not-so-subtle ad.

But, if you are impressed by what the current members of GRN are supposedly telling you, then, hey, who am I to stop you from purchasing?

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.