Point Systems

hi guys, need help?

Jul 25, 2018

How does a sale of a timeshare which is a fixed week, plus points (Fairshare Plus) work? Do you sell the points separately from the week? I would recommend adding a resale posting for the fixed week (which RedWeek.com accommodates better than points), and then including information about the additional points in the Details section of the posting.

If you have to sell them as a package deal, make sure the resale price posted is what you're willing to accept for both the week + the points.

If you can sell them separately, you can choose to just post the price for the fixed week, then give the points a price with the mention in your Details section.

Sqdi S.
Jul 26, 2018

Unless I'm mistaken, "Fairshare Plus" is a long gone and long obsolete product, one which morphed into Club Wyndham Plus when Wyndham took over Fairfield. Such weeks then became known as being in Club Wyndham Plus (which I believe has now also gone by the wayside as Wyndham now tries to peddle "pure points" packages instead of selling deeded weeks at specific resorts).

The short version is that it's a "either / or" situation. You can use the underlying week and forfeit the associated points for that year, or you can use the assigned "points" for a reservation elsewhere, but you cannot do both --- it's either one or the other for any given year. You also cannot separately sell the points; those points are directly allocated and attached to the underlying deeded fixed week. You need to sell and transfer the deeded week (there is a $299 Wyndham transfer fee per non-family ownership change, btw) and the associated points allocation will go right along with it to the new owner. You can't "have your cake and eat it too".

Hope this helps.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 26, 2018 06:42 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.