General Discussion

Marriott right of refusal

Aug 17, 2018

Does anyone ever get to sell their timeshare week its through Marriott Vacation Club? I believe they exercise their right of refusal for all the popular destinations so we cant buy them. I have points but find it difficult to use to go where and when i want-so I "purchased" a week and they blocked it!!! I don't think they let you sell them- they want them back.Then add them to their portfolio so you have to buy their points to access the properties!

Cathleen S.
Aug 20, 2018

Its a deeded week to who ever owns it, so it would be illegal to block the use of a deeded week. That doesn't sound right. Check with https://www.conciergerealty.com/ they are listing a selling these weeks on the Redweek resale platform. As are other Time share Real Estate groups.

Susan F.
Aug 20, 2018

Marriott lets a lot of timeshares sell without exercising ROFR. It has almost no interest in silver and bronze weeks anywhere even for $1. Gold and Plantinum weeks it depends on the resort and it depends on the sale offer. Sometimes they will exercise ROFR and then a month later the same resort and season will be waived at the same price. On TUG (timeshare users group) in the Marriott forum some members keep an ROFR database to give you an idea at the price point where Marriott is currently and historically exercised ROFR and which ones were waived.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.