Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

FiveStarTimeshare Realty

Aug 25, 2018

Has anyone dealt with Five Star Timeshare Realty, Jodie Lynn Martin, based in Texas? She contacted me to rent my timeshare or sell my timeshare. She has presented me with an offer for someone to buy my timeshare week at Marriott Newport Coast. I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with Five Star Time Share Realty? Jodie also has several time shares listed for sale on another website, My resort Network and she is part of another group based in Florida that rents timeshare weeks.

Susan F.
Aug 25, 2018

lindas1289 wrote:
Has anyone dealt with Five Star Timeshare Realty, Jodie Lynn Martin, based in Texas? She contacted me to rent my timeshare or sell my timeshare. She has presented me with an offer for someone to buy my timeshare week...

The fact that she contacted you unexpectedly is usually the sign of a scam. Did you have your unit advertised anywhere for sale or rent? Did she tell you that she could get way above market value?

Never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. That is a scam. Did she say that you have to pay some sort of tax or fee upfront? If this company is legitimate, it will take its earnings out of the proceeds of the sale, not upfront from you.

Lance C.
Aug 25, 2018

No there is no request for any upfron money, none at all. There is no request for money upfront or otherwise.

Susan F.
Aug 26, 2018

lindas1289 wrote:
No there is no request for any upfront money, none at all. There is no request for money upfront or otherwise.

Wait for it ---- there will be a request for upfront money, at some juncture. These people haven't contacted you out of the goodness of their hearts, nor are they a charitable enterprise. Hold onto your wallet, checkbook and credit card.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 26, 2018 07:22 AM

Aug 26, 2018

Ken is right . They lure you in with an unbelievable offer and string you along dangling the carrot in front of you . Then when they have you right where they want you they come up with a " fee " that has to be paid before they can complete the transaction . If you play along with them you will see their scam unfold .

Don P.
Aug 26, 2018

did you have your timeshare listed for sale or rent? If so than yes brokers sometimes contact you on behalf of clients. Were the offers in line with the market or was it much higher? If much higher and you had not listed your unit then it is a scam and the money request will come.

Tracey S.
Aug 26, 2018

lindas1289 wrote:
No there is no request for any upfron money, none at all. There is no request for money upfront or otherwise.

There are still some questions to answer.

How did this company contact you? Via telephone or e-mail? Did you have your unit advertised for sale or rent? Did they say they could get you far above market value for a sale or rental?

Answering these questions can help determine if this company is a scam or not.

Lance C.
Aug 26, 2018

I advertise my weeks on redweek every year. She found me through the redweek. The offer is inline with current amount I would receive from Marriott if I sold the week through them directly. The offer seems legit. The terms are in writing no fee to me, all closing cost paid for by the buyer. Jodie Lynn Martin of five star realty is very active in the time share market. I’ve seen Weeks she is advertising on another time share site, my timeshare network.

Susan F.
Aug 27, 2018

The second they ask for one cent it's a scam .

Don P.
Jan 28, 2020

Hi Susan,

Did you ever go through with it? I am about to rent a timeshare from Jodi for 1 week and just want to make sure that it is legit. Thank you!

Kim P.
Oct 26, 2021

Just following up on this thread to see if anyone has had any transactions with Jodi. I am looking to buy a resale and she has several listings. She and I have communicated in the past and she was good at answering my questions as a buyer.

Rob M.
Oct 26, 2021

Looks like a scam, Place be safe I got a scam a similar way :)

Markus J.

Last edited by markusj3 on Oct 26, 2021 09:57 AM

Oct 26, 2021

robm350 wrote:
Just following up on this thread to see if anyone has had any transactions with Jodi.

Who is Jodi and with which company is she?

Lance C.
Nov 02, 2021

Is she Redweeks customer service person also?

E.E.Mc
Feb 27, 2022

Jody also contacted me via email , asking if I wanted to sell my timeshare . At the time , I wasn’t interested in selling nor did I advertise . I’m currently interested in selling my timeshare so I answered her email. She told me she found a buyer but before I could act on it , she told me the buyer found another timeshare . She never asked for money affront . She’s listed at BBB. Marriott won’t recommend any outside realtor to avoid any lawsuit . They also said a realty listed at BBB doesn't guarantee they’re legit . So I googled the above realty and led me to this site . Let me know what anybody found out about them .

Vivian N.

Last edited by viviann25 on Feb 27, 2022 07:13 PM

Aug 01, 2022

Any update here?

Vanessa B.
Jun 01, 2023

Hi guys, sorry just seeing this. This is Jodi Lynn Martin. I am a licensed real estate agent who has sold Marriott resales for 21 years. Definitely not a scam! I do not charge up front fees and only a commission once sold. If you need assistance please let me know. Jodilynn@fivestartimesharerery.com. I own The company as well.

JodiLynn M.
Jun 02, 2023

Interesting responses - based on little knowledge. Generally if someone comes to you with an offer to buy - they are giving YOU money not asking for it. IS that what happened?

I am currently workin with Jodi Lynn to sell my timeshare week. She is legitimate. I was contacted by the title company yesterday = they represent buyer and seller.

Karen T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.