Ask RedWeek

cancellation policy

Aug 27, 2018

Wondering what the cancellation policy is......Looking to rent a time share but am worried about what happens in an emergency. Also, want to know if you have a week or so to cancel right after booking if you can't find a flight?

Anne R.
Aug 27, 2018

anner237 - If you are renting a posting that has RedWeek payment protection, then the rental agreement states: "If Renter cancels at least 60 days prior to check-in, 50% of the total rental amount will be paid to the owner as a cancellation penalty, less agreed-upon fees. For cancellations less than 60 days prior to check-in, the penalty is 100% less fees."

If you are renting from an individual owner not using RedWeek payment protection, then you would need to ask the owner what their cancellation policy is. The owner has already paid for the week with their maintenance fees, so once they have rented the week, they remove their posting from the website and lose other opportunities to rent it. Many times there is no cancellation, but you would need to check with the individual owner to verify. You should make sure there is a rental agreement that specifies what happens if you cancel. You may also want to check out purchasing travel insurance.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Feb 28, 2021

does trip insurance cover redweek timeshare rental cancelation

Frank D.
Feb 28, 2021

Frank: For questions on travel insurance coverage, you can call CSA directly at: 866-999-4018.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jun 20, 2022

What happens if the owner cancels?

Kimberly B.
Jun 20, 2022

If you use RedWeek Online Booking, your money is held by RedWeek until two business days after you check into the resort. You would receive a refund if the owner violated the terms of the rental agreement.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Aug 08, 2022

define strick, flexible and moderate cancellations

Theodore G.
Aug 08, 2022

Flexible: 100% refund up to 60 days before check-in

Moderate: 50% refund up to 60 days before check-in

Strict: No refunds

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Feb 27, 2023

If I rented a week to a renter and I selected "strict: no refunds", and a renter doesn't check-in, will I get my funds after two days from the check-in date?

Tammie L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.