Ask RedWeek

verified and protected

Jun 28, 2021

Thank you so much for your prompt response. The timeshare rental we are looking at is at the Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort. Rental:R933062. If there is any information you can provide, that would be greatly appreciated.

Tracy S.
Jun 28, 2021

Tracy: If you would like information about a rental posting, please contact support@redweek.com. Thanks!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jul 14, 2021

What is the difference between "Verified and Protected" and "Redweek Verified"? As a renter if I choose a posting with the tag Redweek Verified, am I protected?

Fernando J.
Jul 14, 2021

Fernando: With Verified and Protected postings you are able to make your payment directly to RedWeek by credit card. We do not disburse the money to the owner until two days after you check in to the resort.

If the posting is Verified only, then RedWeek has verified all the details that are in green with the resort. You would pay the owner directly and RedWeek is not involved in the transaction or the rental agreement.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jul 30, 2021

When the funds are not to be disbursed until 2 days after check-in, what if the renter decides at the last minute not to go, and does not check in? i.e. a family situation or Covid fears, do we get any of the rental amount or do we forfeit everything?

Nancy L.
Jul 30, 2021

Nancy: We abide by the terms of the rental agreement. Owners have the option to select from three cancellation policies:

Flexible: 100% refund up to 60 days before check-in

Moderate: 50% refund up to 60 days before check-in

Strict: No refunds

If a renter cancels, we will refund the renter, and/or pay the owner, in accordance with the cancellation policy the owner has chosen.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Jul 30, 2021 05:30 PM

Jan 18, 2022

If owner elects to protect the rental payments in US dollars and renter payment is by credit card in Canadian dollars, how does the owner get paid in US dollars?

Bruce J.
Jan 18, 2022

Bruce: All payments by credit card to RedWeek will be in U.S. dollars, and all the payments we send out are also in U.S. dollars.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jun 07, 2022

Oak and Spruce in South Lee Massachusetts a owner wants a check and I think that is not safe. What will it cost me to protect and verify?

Linda S DeSousa
Jun 07, 2022

Edward: You would have to ask the owner to add RedWeek verification to their posting. The owner pays an additional $14.99 for this service. Please note that from the time the owner sends us their resort's reservation, it can take up to 7-10 business days in order to verify all the details with the resort and add the Verified flag to the posting. Once the posting is Verified and Protected, you will be able to pay RedWeek for the rental with a credit card. The money is not disbursed to the owner until two business days after you check into the resort.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 07, 2022 08:33 PM

Dec 02, 2022

Why are you charging the owner AND the renter for protected listing???

Debbie B.
Dec 02, 2022

The owner pays $14.99 for the RedWeek staff to contact their resort and confirm all the details of their unit and week.

The renter pays RedWeek for the rental by credit card and there is a service/processing fee for RedWeek to handle the entire transaction and the rental agreement. The renter also has the security of knowing their payment does not go to the owner until two business days after the check-in date. We have found the majority of members do not mind paying the service fee, since it provides the security of knowing their payment does not go to the owner until after they are at the resort.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Dec 07, 2022

What is the difference between the listings for rent that are in a green highlight color tagged verified protected vs. the listings that state "verified protected" but are NOT in a green color but there is a box checked? Also, is there a category of just "protected" without verification? In other words, I might select a listing that is not in the full green highlight color as long as it is "protected" meaning Redweek wont pay the owner until after I check in.

Carletta R.
Dec 07, 2022

Postings highlighted in green indicate that RedWeek is handling the entire process for the owner -- creating the posting, handling all inquiries, the transaction, etc.

If the posting is Verified and Protected, but not highlighted in green, the owner is managing the process up until the transaction. When the renter clicks on the Request to Book link, RedWeek takes the payment and handles the transaction as well as the rental agreement.

There is not a category of only Protected -- the renter must have the verification process done first, with RedWeek verifying all the details of the unit and week with the resort, before the Protected flag can also be added.

If the posting is only Verified, then the renter will engage in a private transaction with the owner and RedWeek is not involved.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Dec 31, 2022

Can you please explain what the % amount of “verified and protected “ fee to the renter is based on? The rental price? And in Florida… what % amount is charged for “short-term rental” fees? Based on rental amount only or on rental amount plus “verified and “protected “ together?

Kathleen S.
Mar 14, 2023

This is my first time renting my unit “verified and protected” and this is the first time in 10+ years I haven’t gotten a single renter inquiry. Does RedWeek handle this since it’s V&P? Reservation is about 4 weeks out now during a very popular time period.

Clair W.
Mar 29, 2023

Can an RVC owner use this service.

Lisa F.
Sep 24, 2023

Does the renter pay any additional fee more than the posted price for verified and protected listings?

Andrea K.
Mar 02, 2024

When something is verified and Protected what happens during a dispute from the renter. Does act as a mediator or do you leave it to owner/renter to resolve? To make it easier to answer, I will give examples. 1 - The renter is by an elevator or garbage compactor and the renter is unhappy about the noise, the bed is uncomfortable, the room has a smell, what does redweek do? The renter threatens to dispute charge. 2 - The renter pays by credit card and they dispute the credit card charge a - they can't make it and does this before check-in. Do you still pay the owner and you go after renter or the payment to owner is delayed? b - they are unhappy about room location, the beds are uncomfortable or for any other reason after the week is over. You already made payment to owner, do you reverse the payment until it is resolved.

I use verified and would like to move to protected given it is the same cost but worry use of credit cards and what risk there really is.

LZ
Mar 27, 2024

Hello,

How can one find out what level (lower, mid, upper) the rental posting at the Maui Hyatt Residence Club is for?

C J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.