Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Ownership Transfer of Anantara Vacation Club

Sep 07, 2018

Hi all,

Anyone see how I need to advertise to find candidate to transfer the ownership of the Anantara Vacation Club membership? I'm relatively new member in Elite Jade where I have not used any of the points since joined (May, 2017). I signed up to the membership at my honeymoon but with recent unfortunate incident we are going through divorce and will very unlikely to be using this service in future.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Go A.

Last edited by goa4 on Sep 07, 2018 11:35 PM

Sep 08, 2018

If it's a vacation club not a timeshare you can probably just stop paying and walk away .

Don P.
Sep 09, 2018

Most vacation clubs / RTU's have their own internal paperwork and processes (and sometimes fees) to effect and acknowledge a transfer of membership.

I have no knowledge of your particular vacation club or its' value (if any), but I agree with the above post that if you are a U.S. citizen and the club contract was executed in another country, you can just walk away from it without any consequences if you would rather not bother trying to find a willing new recipient of the now-unwanted membership.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 09, 2018 05:53 AM

Sep 09, 2018

I'm not US Citizen but definitely not from Phuket either.

I signed up with them while I was on the honeymoon to Phuket and they have multiple locations where we can book.

I was slightly scared to stop the card and get some sort of legal case.

Go A.
Nov 19, 2018

I just had a chat with Anantara Staff at the Phuket office on the method of transfer of membership as i have also just joined and circumstances have changed in my life and i may have to give up the membership

I was informed that the willing buyer and willing seller must be identified and the Finance Division of Anantara will execute the transfer for a small admin fee of about US 250.00

Good luck with your transfer. I advise do not just walk away do it right by transferring the membership and recovering part of your investment

Mohan S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.