Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Anyone work with VacationHomesOnly?

Oct 29, 2018

Over the weekend I was given what looks like a legit contract to sign to rent a unit in Hawaii. The rental company is VacationHomesOnly. Only after I gave them a $500 deposit did I find tons of negative information about them online. They are now "waiting for the own to sign" their side of the contract. When I asked if I would see the contract they signed, he said no. When I asked if could get the name and unit number of owner so I could call and verify ownership, he said no. Its been about 36 hours since they told me they would get ahold of the owner "shortly". Im wondering if I need to dispute this charge on my cc and move on. Anyone have any helpful information on this place other then the horrible things I found online?

Katie H.
Oct 29, 2018

I would dispute the charge immediately .

Don P.
Oct 30, 2018

Katie H. wrote:
Over the weekend I was given what looks like a legit contract to sign to rent a unit in Hawaii. The rental company is VacationHomesOnly. Only after I gave them a $500 deposit did I find tons of negative information about them online. They are now "waiting for the own to sign" their side of the contract. When I asked if I would see the contract they signed, he said no. When I asked if could get the name and unit number of owner so I could call and verify ownership, he said no. Its been about 36 hours since they told me they would get ahold of the owner "shortly". Im wondering if I need to dispute this charge on my cc and move on. Anyone have any helpful information on this place other then the horrible things I found online?

You can find dozens of posts about (California based) Preston Green and "Vacation Homes Only" right here in the RedWeek forums with a little search effort. They are essentially opportunistic "middlemen" who apparently troll the Internet for ads, then attempt to insert themselves into rental transactions, presumably "marking up" the rental to make a profit. Some people have reported transactions going o.k., others have complained bitterly about their experience. I've never done business with Vacation Homes Only myself, although I had one brief phone conversation with Preston Green some years ago and promptly decided that I wanted nothing further to do with him. To each their own personal choice and tolerance for risk.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 30, 2018 06:44 PM

Jan 21, 2019

Do not use this company. I got scammed big time. I paid them all the money months before I was to go to Newport Coast Villas. They made the reservation for me and mucked it up. After the week was up the hotel billed me so I now have to pay again. They give me nothing but empty promises and lip service (more excuses than I can count). I've reported them to the Better Business Bureau and am going to contact law enforcement. They need to be shut down.

Cindi R.
Feb 26, 2024

i am turning a complaint with the FBI and the state of California. If anyone can help with their complaints, please get in touch. This guy should not get away with this.

Usha D.
Feb 26, 2024

do you archive these complaints? i am collecting information for the federal and state authorities to stop them from doing this anymore.

Usha D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.