Ask RedWeek

"Booking request - awaiting your approval"

Dec 31, 2018

I have never received one these booking requests coming from Redweek before, asking me to accept. I usually deal directly with renter. I request 50% deposit when reserved and balance at 90 days. This is saying I won't get paid till they check in. Is this guaranteed? What if they change their mind?

David W.
Dec 31, 2018

David W: Please visit this page to learn more about how RedWeek payments work: RedWeek Payments (https://www.redweek.com/resources/faq/redweek-payments)

If you still have questions, please go to the Contact Us link at the bottom of any page.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Dec 31, 2018 02:42 PM

Mar 24, 2023

We waited for approval from a verified owner then received this message: “Regrettably, we are unable to complete your booking due to a problem with the owner's confirmation. Your payment has not been processed.” Can anyone shed light on why this might happen? Thanks 😇

Valerie L.
Mar 24, 2023

valeriel176 wrote:
We waited for approval from a verified owner then received this message: “Regrettably, we are unable to complete your booking due to a problem with the owner's confirmation. Your payment has not been processed.” Can anyone shed light on why this might happen? Thanks 😇

I can think of several possibilities:

1. The ad may have incorrectly identifed the unit number and / or unit size and this fact may have been only belatedly discovered.

2. Advertising owner has not paid current year's maintenance fees, so even though ownership details were "verified", the resort would not allow occupancy of that unit / week by anyone until those fees due from the owner are paid up.

3. If it was a SW FL property, it may very well be under repair (or still waiting for repairs to even begin) after Hurricane Ian damage and therefore the unit / week is not yet available for occupancy at all, let alone rental.

4. If it is a "floating" week ownership, the owner may have requested reservation of a specific week and then advertised it prematurely --- before finding out that the week requested was not actually available to reserve. Alternatively, the owner may have reserved a week which is different from the week being advertised for rent.

5. The week ownership details were “verified”, but the week was later discovered to have been "deposited for exchange" with RCI or II and therefore no longer available to rent out. Weeks “deposited” to exchange companies cannot be "retrieved" once so deposited. Some owners may not realize that, until learning the hard way that they cannot deposit a week and then still advertise the week for rent, mistakenly believing that they can “get their deposited week back” if a renter comes along. They can’t.

Not claiming that any of the above possibilities apply to your particular situation; all are just speculative. Just “ thinking out loud” and offering a few possibilities that come immediately to mind. I'm sure there are numerous other possibile explanations as well.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Mar 27, 2023 06:43 AM

Jul 06, 2023

Can I request to book with on a few rentals for same week

Jill S.
Jan 06, 2024

when booking request insurance for the property was offered. I added the $59 charge to my reservation payment. The booking request failed but I see the $59. fee on my credit card statement. Why was I charged when I do not have a reservation?

Barbara C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.