Timeshare Companies

hi guys, i have a question please help me!

Jan 14, 2019

Have You Defaulted on a HGVC Timeshare?

Dear former HGVC member:

I am writing to inform you that Unite Here Local 5, the hotel workers union, has recently launched an investigation of Hilton Grand Vacation Club timeshare and sales operations. We are extremely interested consulting with you about your experience with HGVC marketing and sales.

Generally, Hawaii law regulates the manner in which timeshares are sold. HRS 514E; HAR 16-106. We want to find out whether any laws were violated when you purchased your timeshare. Some important questions we would like to ask you include:

· Did the sales agent misrepresent your rights when you purchased your timeshare?

Dioriver D.
Jan 15, 2019

Are you wondering what will happen if you default? I would try a couple of things before going that route. First, is the mortgage/loan paid off? Are the maintenance fees up to date? If so, then that's a positive step. HGVC might have a program in place that allows owners to give back their units. It appears that a number of these timeshare chains are starting to implement such programs to avoid things like having owners default. Check with the resort and with HGVC to see if this is possible.

Also, you can try to list your unit for sale or giveaway here on RedWeek. Other reputable timeshare listing sites are My Resort Network, E-Bay, Craigslist, and Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG; tugbbs.com) which has a Bargain Deals section that allows owners for free to list their units that they want to give away.

The one thing I am wondering though is about this letter that you received. It says former HGVC member. From what I gather, you are a current member. Either way, I would be suspicious about these types of letters trying to lure you into some sort of a class action suit. We hear of these often on such boards.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.