General Discussion

Need help

Jan 29, 2019

I purchased a Timeshare back in 2010. The unit is completely paid for, but things took a bad turn in my life and after going through a divrorce (married 27yrs), a subsequent ch-13, and on top of that Ameriquest foreclosed on my home of 10yrs , I am no longer in a position to keep the place. I owe back maintainence fees to the HOA which continue to accrue penalties and interest. I love the place but at this stage in my life I am willing to give it away to someone who has ever thought about owning a timeshare. Any other ideas, suggestions or feedback. Let me know. Thanks-Leo

Linda K.
Jan 30, 2019

Why does your post close with "Thanks-Leo" when your identity says your name is Linda?

That aside, I have some bad news for you so brace yourself. If you still owe maintenance fees on it, no one is going to want to take it over. Ownership usually cannot transfer until the maintenance fees are up to date. How far (or how many years) back do you owe maintenance fees? In that time, have you tried to ask the resort if it would take your unit back?

Financially, your best bet right now would probably to stop any payments and let it go into foreclosure.

You said you are going through a divorce. Is your ex-spouse's name still on the deed? If so, I strongly suggest you consult with him/her about this matter.

Just remember this very important suggestion. Do not pay any company, law firm, or charity large bucks that claims it can "cancel" or relieve you of this problem.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.