Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

how long might it take to rent it?

Jan 29, 2019

I've had my timeshare posted here for several months available to rent in December at Westgate Lakes in Orlando. Customarily how long might it take to rent it? My dilemma is this. If my timeshare does not rent I want to deposit it with Interval International which must be done before my week begins. If I don't rent it and do not deposit it with Interval I'll lose the week. So how do I know when to pull the plug with Redweek and deposit it? I understand there is no hard and fast answer but I'm interested in other people's thoughts. Thanks!

Janu A.
Jan 31, 2019

janua wrote:
I've had my timeshare posted here for several months available to rent in December at Westgate Lakes in Orlando. Customarily how long might it take to rent it? My dilemma is this. If my timeshare does not rent I want to deposit it with Interval International which must be done before my week begins. If I don't rent it and do not deposit it with Interval I'll lose the week. So how do I know when to pull the plug with Redweek and deposit it? I understand there is no hard and fast answer but I'm interested in other people's thoughts. Thanks!

In response to your inquiry, I will simply note that timeshares are "a dime a dozen" in overbuilt Orlando. Unless your advertised rental is very competitive (i.e., priced lower than any other advertised week for a comparable date / unit / location), chances are that your ad will produce only "crickets", no matter how long you wait.

In your shoes, unless you are resolved to keep the ownership, I'd frankly be contacting Wastegate to look into utilizing their "deedback" program (which they call "Legacy") in order to lawfully and efficiently part company with those weasels forever. Remember, Westgate has (literally) just about zero resale market value.

Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 31, 2019 06:54 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.