Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Selling Marriott Vacations - Orlando and Palm Beach

Feb 07, 2019

I have currently 3 weeks at Marriott Vacations: 2 at Marriott Harbor Lake in Orlando and 1 at Ocean Point in Palm Beach. My father bought them and he got sick. I would like to sell them and stop paying the fees. Anyone has an advise on how much is the resale value for these properties and the best way to sell them. Thanks in advance.

Marco P.

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 07, 2019 01:41 PM

Feb 07, 2019

You can shop Redweek to see the general price range for these properties and post them here or TUG Ebay or even Craig’s list.

Tom S.

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 07, 2019 01:42 PM

Feb 07, 2019

Marco S.: As Tom mentioned, you can go to your resort pages on the RedWeek website to see what other owners are asking for similar size units and weeks. Go here to view the resale history for your resort: What's My Timeshare Worth (www.redweek.com/whats-my-timeshare-worth)

You will find information on RedWeek's two resale posting options here: Sell My Timeshare

(www.redweek.com/sell-my-timeshare)

If you have further questions, please go to the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 07, 2019 02:01 PM

Feb 08, 2019

Hello Toms196, Thank you for your information. I will check the latest price a similar unit was sold and on eBay. Really appreciate your help,. Have a great weekend.

Marco P.
Feb 08, 2019

Hello RedWeek team, Thank you for the information, I will check the links and find how much my properties worth.

Marco P.
Feb 08, 2019

First of all it would depend on the resort and the season. When selling it also helps to have a good week booked during your season. The best prices would be if you can get Marriott to do a brokered sale for you. These typically result in prices that are several thousand more than what you can get on the open market. Problem is they usually have a number of folks on the wait list to sell and it often takes one to two years to get to the top of the list. In Orlando you would need to have a platinum 2 BR week or a gold or platinum 3 br week. I am not sure what seasons they would list for Palm beach.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.