Ask RedWeek

Payments & Verification

Feb 07, 2019

In the Redweek Payments FAQ section in the "How much does it cost?" paragraph, it states that the Renter will be charged a "small service charge when making the booking". I have a potential Renter saying that this "small service charge" is $50.00. The Renter feels that the Owner should cover this charge by reducing the Rent amount. Is the "small service charge" $50.00? If not, "How much does it cost?".

David A.
Feb 07, 2019

David A.: With RedWeek payments the renter pays for the rental with a credit card. There is a processing fee of 5% of the rental price or a minimum of $50.

If you have further questions or need assistance, please go to the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Feb 20, 2019

How do you verify that an "owner" posting a rental is, in fact, the owner? Some postings say the owner only accepts a check which to me indicates a most likely scam.

DonaldL

DLN
Feb 21, 2019

Donald: Postings marked as "verified" means the owner has paid for the option to have RedWeek verify with the timeshare resort their ownership and details of their unit/ week.

If you rent a posting with a "verified and protected" flag, you are able to pay RedWeek directly by credit card. The owner receives the payment two days after the renter checks in.

If you aren't renting a verified and protected posting, we offer assistance on how to stay safe on this page: Stay Safe (https://www.redweek.com/resources/stay-safe)

Please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page if you have further questions.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Mar 05, 2019

How does the owner get paid Do you use Paypal?

Connie B.
Mar 05, 2019

Connie B: The funds are disbursed in the form of an electronic check two business days after the rental check-in date, as long as no dispute has been filed by the renter. The electronic check will be emailed and can be deposited in your bank via a smartphone, ATM or by printing the check and presenting to the bank. Other disbursement options currently available are payment by Paypal or having a paper check mailed.

There is a "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page if you have further questions or need assistance.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Apr 11, 2020

It has been almost a month since I had a renter and yet no payment from you. This is a hard time for you as well as for us the owner. Karen

Karen B.

Last edited by karenb601 on Apr 11, 2020 11:21 AM

Jun 17, 2022

The owner accepted my rental request and Red Week says to wait to book flights until final verification. Red Week says final verification could take 3 business days which would mean Monday. Airfare options are decreasing and fare is rising since I booked on Wednesday. I’m tempted to just book the flights. What are the chances there could be a problem? Thank you

Melissa M.
Jul 20, 2023

Hi, This is the first time that we use Redweek for renting our timeshare. We have a July 25th for our payment made to me, how do you get our banking info to despoit the money to our account? Please repond, Roger Rovero

Roger R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.