General Discussion

what is their catch?

Feb 27, 2019

They claim to want to buy my bi-annual 1-bedroom in Myrtle Beach for $14,000. Based out of Michigan, they are very persistent with the phone calls. I wonder what is their catch? We're surely not giving them any money up front, having already been burned.

Thanks for any advice, opportunity

Oppor T.
Feb 27, 2019

opport wrote:
They claim to want to buy my bi-annual 1-bedroom in Myrtle Beach for $14,000. Based out of Michigan, they are very persistent with the phone calls. I wonder what is their catch? We're surely not giving them any money up front, having already been burned.

Their catch is that they will ask you to pay some sort of tax or fee to complete the deal. It's a scam so don't get burned again.

Lance C.
Feb 28, 2019

The second they ask for money run like hell . It's a SCAM to get your money .

Don P.
Feb 28, 2019

Don't even waste your time. You think there is a catch and you are correct. They will never pay you $1000 let alone $14,000 and even if they can't get money out of you if you play along they could be trying to get information out of you that they can sell to other scammers even if it is just your name, address and phone number and exactly what timeshare you own.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.