Mar 05, 2019

I'm looking into renting a property on RedWeek for the first time, and I have some basic questions.

Once I find the property I'm looking for in the desired date range, it looks like there are 2 options. Some are "verified properties," where I can immediately pay via credit card, and the others say something to the effect of "contact owners." Are the verified properties more trusted, or is it something the owners have set up to allow for immediate booking? I'm asking because there are more "contact owner" properties than there are verified ones.

Also, once I complete a reservation, sign the contract, etc., how does check-in work? For example, would I goto the Marriott front desk and check in like I normally would for a standard reservation?

Sorry for the silly questions, but I'll be traveling alone to Hawaii with my boys, and I want to make sure everything is completely buttoned down before we get there.

Thank you!!

Robert G.
Mar 05, 2019

Bob G: Owners can pay an additional fee to have RedWeek verify their posting with the resort. Verified postings also qualify for RedWeek payments, which means the renter can pay RedWeek by credit card for the rental. A processing fee of 5% of the rental price is added on as a processing fee. The owner does not receive payment for the rental until two days after the renter checks in.

If you aren't using RedWeek payments, you can visit this page for information on how to complete a transaction: Rental Process (https://www.redweek.com/resources/rental-process/buyer)

If you have further questions, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
May 01, 2023

How do i ask a question about a rental that is verified. I do not see any 'ask a question' button.?

Glen C.
May 02, 2023

Hi Glen! You can make contact directly with us or the owner on a Verified posting by selecting the 'Questions? Get in touch' link below the 'Request to book' button, which you can easily get to on the right-hand side of the posting page.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
May 02, 2023

Hi Bob,

Quickly, a "verified property" posting is just where an owner has paid RedWeek a small fee, and they do the research to verify the person posting is allowed to rent the property, and RedWeek handles the transaction. It's very safe. Before the RedWeek's "verified property" option started there was an option to go through an independent escrow company to handle the contract and transaction.

With the other "contact owner" postings - like mine - I guess there could be a scammer or two, but I've never rented to anyone that's ever said they encountered that. Just be careful of rental prices out of step (cheap!) from most of the others, and ask for a phone number to text/talk renter before you ever send a deposit.

John W.

Elizabeth W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.