Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Questions about Festiva Adventure Club Points

Dec 26, 2019

I am a Festiva Adventure Club owner, 4500pts biennially. I originally took out a loan, but that's been paid for since 2010. I was even dumb enough to upgrade in 2012, also paid in full. I am now saddled with maintenance fees every other year, and I haven't used points since 2012. I've recently fallen on harder times and this is one expense that I'm having issues paying now. I called Festiva and explained my situation. The response I received was "You signed a 40 yr contract; there's nothing we can do." I sent them an email outlining my issues. They replied back requesting documented proof of my hardship in the form of bank statements, bills, etc. I DO NOT intend to send them any personal financial information. I haven't found any contract that I signed except the loan documents that have all been paid off. I don't want any money back for this. I simply want to be rid of it. I told them as much, but they don't seem to want an amicable solution. I've thought about reselling, but I'm not seeing a big call for timeshares right now. I also thought about non-payment of maintenance fees, but when I called them, they mentioned collection agencies and destroying my credit. That's a problem for me. I'm just trying to get some ideas of what my options are and what the best path forward is. Anyone has some advice??

Brannigan L.
Dec 26, 2019

They are probably just threatening you to make you send them a payment . You could just walk away and tell them to pound salt . I doubt very much they will follow through with legal action .

Don P.
Dec 08, 2021

I have a points system 2100 annually with festiva adventure club it is paid for in full have owned since 2009 have only been able to use once. Unable to access resorts sissy’s booked and maintenance fees keep increasing live in Canada also travel restrictions with covid. I want to just walk away. Wondering if anyone knows or has any experience with just walking away and if it will effect my credit in Canada since I. A different country. Thanks

Suzanne M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.