Point Systems

Marriott Vacation Club Points

Aug 15, 2022

I was told there was somewhere on this site where owners in search of points post to look for someone willing to transfer and the transaction is conducted through a phone call to MVC. Anyone know how to do this? I have an excess of points for 2023. Thanks!

Bethany D.
Aug 26, 2022

We have been Marriott Vacation Club owners for years and have never had an issue until last year. It seems that there are dates blocked out to use Vacation Club Points, but there are units available to rent with money on those same dates. It is the Marriott Legend’s Edge in Panama City Beach. We have been going there for 10 years now and have never had this type of issue. Is this something new for Marriott?

Toni S.
Aug 26, 2022

Corporate greed .

Don P.
Nov 22, 2022

I want to sell my MVC ownership. I'm on the points system. Any advice?

William J.
Dec 21, 2022

Excellent information.

Alamelu S.
Jan 16, 2023

Do you know the names of the two websites? Looking a potentially buying rental points.

Thanks for your help

Keith P.
Jan 20, 2023

Hi, Did you ever buy your points. I have 1,500 MDP I would love to sell. Nick O'Donnell

paulz84 wrote:
Thinking of buying 3500 points. Can anyone tell me what fees I would be looking at on top of the sale price? Brokerage, deed transfer, and I heard Marriott will charge me on top of this? I want to go into this with my eyes wide open. Would I have access to all properties 12 months a year? Any info is appreciated.

Nicholas O.
Jan 26, 2023

Hi Bethany, do you still have MVC points you'd like to rent for 2023?

Mark & Therese P.
Apr 05, 2023

I am 1075 Marriott Club Points short for a reservation in June 2023. Is it possible to make a one time buy/transfer of 1075 points?

Jasmine T.
Apr 05, 2023

Hi nick don’t you still have these points?

Jasmine T.

Last edited by jasminet40 on Apr 05, 2023 12:19 PM

Apr 17, 2023

Is there any market to SELL Marriott Vacation Club points? Is your only choice to SELL the points back to Marriott? I do not want to pay anymore fees and I do not want to annually book some place with points so that I can rent the villa out to recover some money. I just want out of my MVC points.

Are there any alternatives other than giving the points back to Marriott?

David A.
Jun 27, 2023

I'm thinking the same. The value is poor and making reservations is painful. Did you find any information on selling points and how much you can expect to get?

davida1550 wrote:
Is there any market to SELL Marriott Vacation Club points? Is your only choice to SELL the points back to Marriott? I do not want to pay anymore fees and I do not want to annually book some place with points so that I can rent the villa out to recover some money. I just want out of my MVC points.

Are there any alternatives other than giving the points back to Marriott?

James W.
Aug 13, 2023

I own both Marriott Vacation Club Points and two legacy weeks. I love them both. Perhaps it is because I enjoy my home resort which is about an hour's drive from my home. I live between the desert and the beach, both have wonderful Marriott resorts. I book a week with my points, then post that week here. If it rents, I get the funds to cover my fees and then some. If it does not rent, then I spend the week in a great location. It helps that I am retired and can go anytime.

Jim G.
Aug 23, 2023

I have a 2 week posting at Weston Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas North - With the resent fires I am concerned the weeks posted will not rent - I am asking if the resort was damaged and if I should take the 2 weeks off and rent in another location. I do need to rent this property - Thank you for your help in this matter. My # 1979616

Gale H.
Aug 25, 2023

Looking to sell MVC points; must be used by end of year 2023.

Joseph D.
Oct 06, 2023

Hi, We have 2 weeks prime skiing at Marriott in Breckinridge, which we can change to points if we want to, also have 2500 points. Can we buy second hand points, through Re Weeks, Tug, etc, and register them with Marriott, to add onto our current points, and use them the same as our other points ? Marriott tell us, they get first option on buying any points on the resale market, and will buy if prices are low. If we did manage to buy resale points, what costs are there please, and do Marriott have to honour our usage with them ? Thanks, Alan

Alan B.
Oct 23, 2023

Hello,

I am helping someone sell their 2024 deeded vacation points and exit the Vacation club. She has 2500 points for sale. I keep getting posted to RedWeek, but cannot find any other such listings and wonder how we can do this. Any help would be great!

Thanks, Kevin

Kevin C.
Oct 24, 2023

We are interested in purchasing points on the resale market. I understand Marriott also charges a fee to enroll the points in your acct. do you have an idea how that works?

Susie D.
Jan 11, 2024

Were you able to sell your points? We're looking to do the same and would love to know who helped you with this.

nicko12 wrote:
Hi, Did you ever buy your points. I have 1,500 MDP I would love to sell. Nick O'Donnell

paulz84 wrote:
Thinking of buying 3500 points. Can anyone tell me what fees I would be looking at on top of the sale price? Brokerage, deed transfer, and I heard Marriott will charge me on top of this? I want to go into this with my eyes wide open. Would I have access to all properties 12 months a year? Any info is appreciated.

Karen S.

Last edited by s_hines on Jan 13, 2024 12:14 PM

Jan 25, 2024

if your still interested in buying points, i have 4000 points that i will be selling if your still interested. you can reply to this message or email at nge1961@yahoo.com

Nick

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.