Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Selling Marriott timeshare in Myrtle Beach

Jun 19, 2021

Hello, I'm trying to sell my timeshare week at Marriott OceanWatch Villas in Myrtle Beach. I currently have a renter for the 2021 week in September but I have an interested buyer now.

1) Can I sell the timeshare before September? What happens to the week that is already booked?

2) What is the best closing company to use? We found Wilson Law Firm online, whose website says "South Carolina Law requires all aspects of timeshare closings to be conducted by an attorney licensed in SC. " Is this this a correct statement? However, there are many timeshare title transfer companies available. For example is LT Transfers also able to accomplish the same thing?

Thanks for your help.

Yvonne C.
Jun 19, 2021

Yvonne: 1) You would need to let the buyer know that your week for 2021 is not available. Their first usage would be 2022 if your ownership is annual.

2) If you would like RedWeek recommendations for closing companies, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.