Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Rent out a Week that I rented from someone else?

Jul 16, 2021

I just got word that high probability my passport renewal won't arrive in time for my trip. Is it possible to rent a week that I rented from someone else?

Richard Y.
Jul 16, 2021

Richard: You would need to obtain permission from the owner to re-rent their week.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jul 16, 2021

If I were you, I would ask the owner if they would re-rent the week for a portion of the rental price. This and a bargain rental price would probably be much easier for you.

Den
Jul 17, 2021

richardy87 wrote:
I just got word that high probability my passport renewal won't arrive in time for my trip. Is it possible to rent a week that I rented from someone else?

If you executed a rental agreement, it likely contains a specific prohibition against any "sub-lease". Mine always do.

Also bear in mind that if the owner has already advised the resort of the identity of specific tenant(s) authorized to use a particular week, then anyone showing up who is not that same specifically identified and authorized tenant would (appropriately) just be denied occupancy.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 17, 2021 10:17 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.