Point Systems

Mvc points

Jul 26, 2021

We were considering buying 1500 points. We are at a resort in Kauai and we only really go to marriott properties. It looks oike people are reselling their deeds for 3500-4000 here as opposed to the 22k here at the resort. Why would anyone buy from a property instead of buying resale.

Sheila M.
Jul 28, 2021

First, I suggest you slow this down and even walk away. You need time to consider your alternatives. Don't be pushed into a hasty and ill informed decision.

Second, consider how many points you would need to do anything meaningful. I can assure you that you will not be able to do anything with 1,500 points and would need 5,000 - that's a $50,000 spend plus annual maintenance fees.

Third, make sure you know how to rescind and the time constraints for this.

Den
Sep 22, 2021

We purchased 4 different contracts at 4 different times. We do use every point every year for cruises and various destinations. We are considering slowing down a bit but want to retain at least 7000 pts.

Have 3 contracts with 3500 pts. One contract with 4500 pts. One contract with 2000. What options have worked for other owners?

Mekgolfski

Last edited by mariek161 on Sep 22, 2021 12:10 PM

Sep 25, 2021

How many points are needed for a 1bd room suite at the Marriott in Kanapali?

Mike E.
Oct 01, 2021

what would you sell the points for and will marriott receive the points from me?

Annette B.
Oct 12, 2021

I wish I would had known about this before I bought... I rescinded the day after but now I'm waiting for deposit back...

Rebecca L.
Oct 12, 2021

Follow up on your comment - $5,000 points, with an annual fee of $0.60 is $3,000 annual fee. Is that really better than just renting the hotel for a week? After doing research on Redweek and pricing I'm having a hard time justifying the cost vs. just renting.

Rebecca L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.