Ask RedWeek

Misleading posting

Nov 18, 2021

I rented from an owner, David Gabriel, who was either lazy or purposefully deceitful. This posting, https://www.redweek.com/posting/R957654 promised a W/D in the unit, an outdoor patio and a small separate BR. The unit I was assigned at Shadow Ridge had none of these, forcing me to use laundry facilities in another section of the rest, cramping me a in small room with no outdoor access or a usable desk/table area. I would like this member to be flagged and restricted from RedWeek until he learns to play by the rules. Mark McLaughlin

M M.
Nov 19, 2021

markm641 wrote:
I rented from an owner, David Gabriel, who was either lazy or purposefully deceitful. This posting, https://www.redweek.com/posting/R957654 promised a W/D in the unit, an outdoor patio and a small separate BR. The unit I was assigned at Shadow Ridge had none of these, forcing me to use laundry facilities in another section of the rest, cramping me a in small room with no outdoor access or a usable desk/table area. I would like this member to be flagged and restricted from RedWeek until he learns to play by the rules. Mark McLaughlin

That really stinks. A good reason for would-be renters to favor listings that are "RedWeek Verified" is that any and all claims within such ads regarding unit number, unit size, features, amenities, etc. (should) get independently verified by RedWeek personnel before that posted ad can actually be identified as "RedWeek Verified".

I'm sorry you got short changed and I agree with you that the advertiser involved should be banned. There is no excuse for misrepresentation in advertising here, whether it's deliberate deceit or merely the result of advertiser carelessness.

One possible explanation is that the unit you occupied may have been the smaller side of a "lock off" unit, with the larger side of the "lock off" perhaps having all of the features and amenities mentioned in the ad; I have no idea. Regardless of the explanation, advertisers must get their facts straight and must ensure that posted descriptions are completely accurate --- before taking people's hard earned money.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Nov 21, 2021 05:56 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.