Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Marriott Waiohai: Maybe Purchasing a Deeded Week (Not Points); Is there generally availability for weeks owners at the 12 month window-especially for March/April?

Apr 19, 2022

Hey Guys - When it comes to Kauai, we have come to believe that Waiohai is the best spot for us, and we are looking to buy a deeded week there on resale. Any thoughts on whether "legacy weeks owners" (do I have the term right?) -- ones without any Marriott Destination Club points -- are able to get in at Waiohai for a week in March or April if they book at the 12 month window? Does availability generally differ for Ocean View weeks vs. Island/Garden View weeks at Waiohai? Many thanks for your input in advance! --Kevin

Kevin Rynbrandt
Aug 01, 2022

I own at the Waiohai in the weeks system, since 2004. I have never had a problem reserving a week as long as I call Marriott at 6:00 AM PST on the exact day 12 months in advance. Marriott has a calendar which tells you the day you can call 12 months prior to the date you want to reserve.

Larry R.
Oct 31, 2022

I would recommend you buy a deeded week and NOT points. Put it on your calendar to reserve a year in advance and you will definitely get in. I have owned a Marriott timeshare in Hawaii for 13 years and have always gotten the week I wanted as long as I called way in advance

Dottie S.
Nov 24, 2022

You'll definitely want to buy a deeded week over points. We own 7 oceanview weeks at the Waiohai, vacation 4 weeks there each year and rent out the weeks we can't use at a nice profit on Redweek. The Waiohai is one of the most owner-occupied resorts in the Marriott fleet, has excellent trade and rental value, and inventory (to owners) has never been a problem in the spring. Own two or more weeks and you'll have no problem year round. We get asked ALOT for tips on how to purchase deeded weeks and would be happy to share our insights.

Steve H

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.