Ask RedWeek

How do I know if a timeshare company has oversold it's properties?

Jun 14, 2022

I am afraid that Wyndham has oversold it's inventory and is using the new owner priority restrictions to sell more unavailable timeshares. Initially, some owners gave their ownership info to companies who rented their timeshares with little benefit to the owner. With the tools and manpower available to these companies, they seemed to get all the listings as soon as they became available. Then they rented and gave the owner a percentage of the rent, likely not covering the maintenance fee. This was known to Wyndham and perhaps this Owner Priority Program is how they tried to combat this scheme. Unfortunately, VIP owners are most hurt by this program and it doesn't really afford owners true 'priority'. It only enables Wyndham to keep selling 'nothing' for high prices at very high interest rates and charging rising maintenance for properties you cannot use. I used to be very happy with my Wyndham ownership, always giving high grades to Wyndham, but now, not only don't recommend Wyndham, but seriously would consider legal action against them. I have offered feedback and suggestions, but nothing is considered by Wyndham. The company is run by a computer and the unknown, unseen head who programs the 'rules' has complete freedom to do whatever they see fit to keep their bottom line up. I am sorry to say this, but recent experience with Wyndham has only been getting worse and I am facing a serious loss of use of my ownership.

Ann G

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.