General Discussion

impact from marriott purchase of vistana on Non-authorized owners

Jul 25, 2022

does anyone know how the merger affects non-authorized deeded owners? are there restrictions ?

Crimson Tiger
Jul 26, 2022

josep140 wrote:
does anyone know how the merger affects non-authorized deeded owners? are there restrictions ?

What exactly is a "non-authorized" owner? That description frankly makes no sense (...not to me, anyhow).

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 26, 2022 07:36 AM

Jul 26, 2022

KC

“non-authorized” owners are those that purchase on the resale market versus those that purchased directly from developer eg westin now Vistana Who are described as “authorized” owners

Hope that clarifies

Maria S.
Jul 26, 2022

marias734 wrote:
KC

“non-authorized” owners are those that purchase on the resale market versus those that purchased directly from developer eg westin now Vistana Who are described as “authorized” owners

Hope that clarifies

You may be correct, but I am unconvinced. "Non-authorized deeded owner" is a very strange contradiction in terms.

A deed is a legal instrument reflecting officially recorded ownership, regardless of the system (or any subsequent mergers or takeovers regarding that system). A valid, recorded deed cannot just be unilaterally "voided" and a valid, recorded deed is equally valid whether the "grantee" (i.e., the current owner) acquired that ownership via the resale market or directly from a developer. A recorded deed is equally valid in either case; resale vs. developer-direct means absolutely nothing in regard to a deed's validity.

I'm not at all comprehending the reference to "non authorized deeded owners" --- regardless of what corporation(s) or developer(s) may be involved. Deeded ownership is deeded ownership; there are no "different status levels" or any other distinctions in legal status between developer direct and resale deeded ownership. That said, slimy Westgate has found a way to devalue all resale Westgate ownerships, but it has nothing at all to do with deed validity. Westgate has chosen to impose different (and very restrictive) reservation procedures and rules upon Westgate resale owners.

Maybe the OP "deed" reference was intended as a reference to a "points" contract, or a "membership" of some sort, or a RTU contract; none of which actually involve any deeded ownership at all.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 30, 2022 06:16 PM

Aug 28, 2022

Geeezz I think your missing the point of the question. What are the impacts to owners who purchased thru the resale market vs the developers.

Bradley G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.