Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Sold! Who notifies Timeshare of new owners??

Aug 04, 2022

We just sold our Timeshare (to a family member) and filed a quitclaim Deed with the county. So my question is, who notifies the Timeshare of the new owners? Us? The County? When we bought it on the secondary market I have no idea who notified them. Thanks

Shawna T.
Aug 05, 2022

It would be helpful if you would disclose what timeshare you have or had and also the relationship of the person to whom you are transferring ownership. This information may help others offer advice. Without this information, I don't think any of us can offer any meaningful suggestion.

Den
Aug 05, 2022

Contact the resort . They should be able to put you in touch with the party that handles the deeds .

Don P.
Aug 06, 2022

shawnat5 wrote:
We just sold our Timeshare (to a family member) and filed a quitclaim Deed with the county. So my question is, who notifies the Timeshare of the new owners? Us? The County? When we bought it on the secondary market I have no idea who notified them. Thanks

Either you (the grantor) or the new “grantee” will have to provide the resort with a copy of the new recorded deed once it is officially recorded and assigned a book & page number and / or instrument number. The County (no matter where) has no responsibility to do anything except record the new deed, once it is provided to them in proper format (along with the appropriate recording fee). When people use the services of a "closing" entity, the closing entity usually takes care of providing the resort / chain with a copy of the new recorded deed, but in a "do it yourself" deed transfer situation, that responsibility is entirely yours.

Also, the resort may impose a “transfer fee” (a gratuitous charge for the 45-60 seconds it takes to make the ownership change in their records). Depending on the resort or chain, this could involve no cost, but it's generally $50-100 dollars. Wyndham charges $299 and Hyatt actually charges more than twice that amount. However, some (not all) resorts and chains will waive the transfer fee for “intra-family” transfers. Only the individual resort or chain involved can specifically address those particular details.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 10, 2022 03:57 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.