Ask RedWeek

Westgate lakes

Jul 01, 2023

Is it ok if I sent my letter through priority mail instead of certified? The clerk said it was a better option. I still have 6 days to cancel.

Laura T.
Jul 01, 2023

laurat442 wrote:
Is it ok if I sent my letter through priority mail instead of certified? The clerk said it was a better option. I still have 6 days to cancel.

Do you have documentary proof, in hand, of the actual postmark date of your cancellation sent by priority mail? It is the postmark date that matters, NOT the date of delivery to the recipient.

I don’t know why a USPS clerk would say that priority mail is a "better" option. It isn't. Priority mail may be faster, but delivery date is irrelevant anyhow. Can you prove postmark date? You would have to prove postmark date if there was ever a time compliance challenge by slimy Wastegate. This is exactly why certified mail is recommended -- a date stamped receipt for a specific piece of mail is provided at the USPS counter for certified mail. I am not at all sure that is the case for "priority" mail.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 03, 2023 06:41 AM

Jul 02, 2023

Send it again but send it certified mail this time and acknowledge the prior send via priority mail on X date. Keep copies and receipts of everything.

Mark V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.