Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Renting Our Aruba Ocean Club Timeshare: What view?

Jul 17, 2023

This is my first time posting our time share for rent. We own a 2 bedroom with an ocean view. I assume it should be listed as ocean view? What does the listing “varies” mean?

Paul
Jul 18, 2023

Owners of “floating” weeks (unlike owners of deeded fixed weeks in specific units) have no guaranty of unit location or view. Hence, not knowing the unit or view when reserving a week, it is only appropriate and accurate to indicate “varies” in rental ads.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 26, 2023 01:36 PM

Jul 21, 2023

Thanks for the response. Both our weeks are deeded weeks but we can reserve anytime in the gold season. Would we list as Ocean View?

Paul
Jul 22, 2023

If you do not know which unit will be assigned to you, then you obviously cannot know the unit’s “view” either. Unless every unit at the property has a “ocean view”, it would not be smart (or truthful) to advertise “ocean view”, since that may not be accurate at all.

This is exactly why people who own deeded “floating” weeks should always indicate the view as “varies” in their rental ads, since they really have no idea what the view will be from whichever unit happens to get assigned to them in any given year.

The fact that your floating week is in “gold” season is completely irrelevant as far as unit “view” is concerned. Season and unit view have absolutely nothing to do with one another.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 26, 2023 01:38 PM

Jul 26, 2023

Thanks KC, I appreciate your help.

Paul
Oct 26, 2023

Please don’t list as ocean view as it it not guaranteed As a renter we rented here and the owner listed as such and we did not get it..please list as varies or unassigned .. Very disappointing, paying for an ocean view and not getting one when I could’ve rented from an owner who listed honestly and wrote varies …I would have paid less for the unit. I paid more because thought I was getting g a view :( Thank u!

Be D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.