Sep 21, 2023

I am looking into purchasing a timeshare via red week. I am in Australia so wondering how it works? If i buy from Red Week is it still legit from say Hilton where I can use the weeks etc? Thanks Lisa

Lisa R.
Sep 22, 2023

For starters, my personal advice is to rent, not buy. Why would you want the long term (and ever increasing) annual maintenance fee obligations and legal responsibilities of U.S. timeshare ownership if you actually live in Australia? Annual fees are a guaranteed part of timeshare ownership, regardless of whether or not you get to actually utilize what you purchased in any given year. Do you really want to sign on to all of that if having to travel from Australia? It is your decision, of course, but you would be wise to think this through a bit more.

Second, RedWeek is essentially a web site; an online advertising platform. RedWeek does not own or sell timeshares. If you buy a timeshare advertised on RedWeek, you are buying “resale” from some timeshare owner who is merely using the RedWeek site to advertise. The actual usage rules and annual fees of any timeshare are determined exclusively by the underlying timeshare company (e.g., Hilton, Wyndham, Hyatt, etc.). It does not matter one bit from whom you purchase your timeshare — nor where you live. The annual costs, usage rules, reservation procedures apply equally to any and all owners within any given timeshare “system”.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 23, 2023 06:24 AM

Sep 22, 2023

I would concur with KC's posting, but if you really want to purchase to ensure a certain resort or something, buying through Redweek is relatively hassle free and will be honored by Hilton, Marriott, etc,. Once you buy the property, the biggest difference will be the price you paid for it on the resale market vs buying it directly from Hilton. Some resorts do offer some advantages to "original owners", but those wouldn't be attractive to someone across the Pacific anyway.

Bill A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.