Ask RedWeek

Are listings negotiable?

Dec 31, 2023

A rental for a two bedroom unit is available the dates I’d like to rent however I would like to rent a one bedroom or studio as I don’t need the additional bedroom. Can I contact the owner to discuss or are the terms solid?

Catherine G.
Dec 31, 2023

catherineg251 wrote:
A rental for a two bedroom unit is available the dates I’d like to rent however I would like to rent a one bedroom or studio as I don’t need the additional bedroom. Can I contact the owner to discuss or are the terms solid?

You can attempt to negotiate rental price, but timeshare owners “own what they own”, so you cannot reasonably expect to be able to rent something different from what is advertised by the owner. If the owner is advertising a 2BR unit, a 2BR unit is what they own, with no option to offer you a 1br unit or a studio unit instead, since that is simply not what they own.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 04, 2024 03:41 PM

Jan 03, 2024

But some owners may have a different suite somewhere or even in the same location - it is definitely a possibility.

Katherine C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.