Report Abuse - 48414

Re: Marriott Going to a Point System

We own Kauai Waiohai Ocean View. The points we are offered by Marriott would not allow us to return to our same unit in Waiohai. We woud have more flexibility to go elsewhere, I think, but the points offered are not equal to how many points are required to book at the same resort. This makes it ridiculous to purchase their point system! The price to buy into the point system is over $500. To pay for a getaway thru Interval International would cost less than this fee combined with our annual dues. Furthermore, I have had a very difficult time finding Interval properties available when we want to travel now that Marriott has their own point system. We traded in our two bedroom for two 300 square foot hotel units in Palm Springs because that is all that was available at that location ~ and there were not many other location options!!! We also had to pay for two trade fees amounting to $300 because we had to request two "hotel rooms". I am not happy at all with Marriott deciding this for us. Our hands are tied, and we do not have good options now. Tina