Carriage Ridge Resort

Depreciation of units at Carriage Hills

Sep 16, 2007

I can't believe what the resale values are on this resort. We bought about ten years ago for $13,000.00 and they are now on this side for $4,200.00. What a bad investment that was.

Loretta C.
Nov 04, 2007

lorettac15 wrote:
I can't believe what the resale values are on this resort. We bought about ten years ago for $13,000.00 and they are now on this side for $4,200.00. What a bad investment that was.
You should own in Florida, weeks that sell now for 28000, and in 1985 for 18900 can be found almost anywhere for 2500

Winston B.
Sep 12, 2009

I don't think you buy timeshares for an investment, you buy them to enjoy them and save money vs. the cost of a hotel at a resort.

Greg V.
Dec 08, 2009

greg914 wrote:
I don't think you buy timeshares for an investment, you buy them to enjoy them and save money vs. the cost of a hotel at a resort.
Dear Greg, I need some help with a legal matter regarding my ownership at Horseshoe Carriage Ridge. I am trying to keep it but need an appraisal or resale ad (more than one if available) for my court file to determine the resale value. I am attempting to buy out my ex. Can you give me any suggestions of how to find this out? Thanks, Jeanne

Jeanne B.
Dec 08, 2009

winbett wrote:
lorettac15 wrote:
You should own in Florida, weeks that sell now for 28000, and in 1985 for 18900 can be found almost anywhere for 2500

I'm looking for resale ads to help me appraise my Carriage Ridge Horseshoe Timeshare in Ontario, as I am in the process of trying to work with a nasty lawyer from my ex's side, who is trying to take advantage of my ignorance of the resale market. If you have any knowledge to share with me, to try to help me hold onto my investment, please let me know; thanks...Jeanne

Jeanne B.
Dec 08, 2009

The best way to find it out are comparable ads on here or at Carriage Ridge (which are newer and nicer in my opinion but do not include the use of the Carriage Hills pool which is indoor/outdoor all year round).

The other way is contact the people on here that act as brokers and ask them. They have listed and sold many units for people at Carriage Hills (& to a lesser extent Carriage Ridge) over the years and can let you know.

My bet is that you'll end up paying a bit more than market since you are dealing with an emotional situation as well as a legal one and unless he really doesn't want the unit you will end up paying more than you would have otherwise because you still do want it.

The best way to figure it out in the end is this ... if your ex and you can't agree ... list it and then have a lawyer buy it out for you in secret (you get 1/2 the money back anyway). Or alternatively, let him buy you out and go get one cheaper !!!

Then you'll pay market value and not the emotionally inflated value.

Good luck with it.

Greg V.

Last edited by greg914 on Dec 08, 2009 07:36 AM

May 22, 2011

i agree with you but they do tell you its not an investment but i agree they do depreciate because the owners sell at an inflated price and dont keep up the units as readily as they should i advise people to buy privately from adds such as redweek

Thomas D.
Aug 18, 2011

WHEN YOUVE BEEN AROUND A BIT THIS BUSINESS OF BUYING A UNIT FROM THE OWNERS IS STUPID PEOPLE GO TO THERE SEMINARS AND GET TALKED INTO BUYING A UNIT UPGRADING YOUR POINTS AT A VERY INFLATED PRICE AND THEY ALWAYS COME UP WITH A NEW GIMMICK TO MAKE MONEY LOOK AT THE FEES THE RIDGE AND HILLS CHARGE AND RCI IF YOU LOOK AROUND YOU COULD GET A VACATION FOR THE COST OF THE FEES YOU PUT OUT TO GET A UNIT IF YOU STILL WANT A UNIT SHOP AROUND THE INTERNET YOULL PICK ONE UP AT A FRACTION OF THE PRICE YOU WOULD PAY TO THE OWNERS

Thomas D.
Sep 20, 2018

If any of you own at Carriage Ridge or Carriage Hills, please take note of the upcoming elections/board meetings on Oct 29th and 30th 2018. I believe the votes have to be in by Oct 26th,

There is strength in numbers and we need more of us to unite and work together for our cause. Join 'crchopportunitiesgroup@googlegroups.com

Join the Facebook groups: Carriage Hills Owners Group and Carriage Ridge Owners

Liz B.

Last edited by lizb236 on Sep 21, 2018 07:31 AM

May 30, 2019

This next AM in October will be critical. Please join our Facebook Group, Carriage Hills and Ridge Owners to find out what is going on at our resorts.

Cheryl C.
Nov 23, 2019

If you want to save money, you pay for what you need, and use your credit card points. If a place charges you $20,000 for a property, at 8% annually, you will earn about $1,600 PA. Add to that the cost of maintenance fees, you are at nearly $3,000 to spend on vacation: anywhere in the world. For $3,000 you can have some of the best Airbnbs in the world. People buy Timeshares because they are swayed by shifty sales techniques and pressure.

Mastersarge C.
Feb 26, 2020

Owners at Carriage Hills and Carriage Ridge resorts in Ontario, Canada...developer and management company Wyndham. We have an archaic timeshare agreement containing "In-Perpetuity" clause, one sided bylaws and agreement favour the developer not the consumer. Owners are aging out, delinquencies are 20% and increasing, we are trapped. Wyndham says our legacy resort has no value, no one wants it. We have been asking for an exit strategy since Wyndham took over. They ignore us. Owners are desperate. We have over 2,000 owners on FB at "Carriage Hills and Carriage Ridge Owners". Check out CHCROwners.org. Wyndham making record profits and our own HOA is suing owners for non payment of fees. We are not allowed access to Wyndham's Ovation program...they only want marketable units and they have repeatedly said that we are not...yet they rent their units for less than we pay for maintenance fees. Share this post please...we are trying to reach all owners to make them aware of the financial situation at the resorts and the concerns with ever increasing maintenance fees.

Maggie J.
Feb 26, 2020

Loretta you need to join our Facebook group "Carriage Hills and carriage Ridge owners". The value of our timeshare is LESS THAN $0. We cannot even PAY anyone to take them.

Cheryl C.
Feb 26, 2020

Join "Carriage Hills and carriage Ridge owners" Facebook group. We are in dire straits. It's an unreal situation and we need every voice to help us fight.

Cheryl C.
Feb 26, 2020

It is not an investment. It is a noose. Please join us on Facebook at "Carriage Hills and carriage Ridge owners"

Cheryl C.
Feb 26, 2020

We need every owner at these two resorts to join us on Facebook "Carriage Hills and carriage Ridge owners". We are up against the giant Wyndham who is refusing to offer Ovation and holding us to archaic contracts. Our HOA is persuing delinquent owners in collection and small claims court regardless of age or illness. It's a barbaric situation.

Cheryl C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.