Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Pet Friendly Higher End Timeshare Properties in the US (by KC):

evlevin wrote:
Has anyone that has traveled recently been able to bring their dog? These outdated restrictions are having a negative impact on our travel destinations as we strongly prefer to have our two little companions along.

With all due respect, it is only your personal opinion that pet prohibitions at timeshare properties actually constitute "outdated restrictions" (your words). I personally disagree with that characterization and I further believe that all such prohibitions against pets at timeshare properties are completely appropriate and can / will never become "outdated".

I love dogs and have always had them, but I also fully respect that people who have allergies or dander sensitivity (or who just plain don't want dogs or cats around at a property where they own) should never have to occupy a unit where animals (i.e., "pets") have just spent a week (or more). Personally, I support the complete prohibition against pets of any species at all timeshare properties, with the important exception of legitimate, professionally trained service dogs which provide necessary personal assistance to those with disabilities, as is entirely appropriate under ADA criteria.