Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

QUESTION FOR ALL RESALE OWNERS OF MAUI OCEAN CLUB (by Jeff W.):

wanted to get any feedback from resale owners that bought time shares on the open market and not from marriott. We bought a ocean view 1 bedroom( odd year ) last year on the resale market, and everything has gone perfect and we have just come back from using our week.cant say enough about how nice we were treated and everything was great..........except??

upon arriving we were asked if we wanted to see the new tower rooms. of course i wanted to see them, i wasnt in the market to buy but wanted to see what was new. so an appointment was set up to viewthem.. we went and we ran into the same salemen that we had the year before, at that time we were intrested but when we heard the prices and after a little thinking we realized that we could save major money on the resale market, anyway he remember us from the last year and realizing that we had bought outside the marriott family and now waisting his time a second time knowing we would go outside again he wasnt a happy camper.... i understood knowing this is his job and taking his time a second time was taking out of his chances on selling to someone who would buy that day. but i didnt set the time and set the salesmen so to get him was just chance.

BUT THIS IS WHERE I WOULD LIKE ANY FEEDBACK FROM RESALE OWNERS....

as my salesmen was burning off steam he noticed our room number in the malowki tower and said we were very lucky getting one the best ocean view rooms there ??? and why was that i asked he said that when owners from marriott sell ther units on the resale market , the new owners have a mark next to there names " EXTERNAL " meaning we as resale owner would get the last of the resservation and the less desirable units in that catagory..... THIS WAS NEWS TO ME ....IWAS TOLD THAT MAKE YOUR RESERVATION A YEAR IN ADVANCE, AND REQUEST THE LOCATION AND IT WAS A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS, AND THAT YOU WOULD BE GIVEN THE BEST AS TO WHEN YOU CALLED IN ....

NOW if marriott is blacklisting there resale owners , but still calling us owners and collecting there maintenace fees every year..was this a slip up on the salesmens part by telling me this, a sales pitch to try to get us to convert us into the marriott family and the points system they have....

I DONT KNOW...IM HAVING SOME ELSE CHECK INTO THIS FOR ME BUT WOULD LOVE TO HEARD IF ANY RESALE OWNERS FELT THAT THEY WERE TREATED DIFFERENTLY BUT GETTING BAD ROOM LOCATIONS WHEN THEY FELT THAT THEY CALLED EARLY ENOUGH TO GET THERE REQUEST OR ANYTHING IN GENERAL.

AGAIN I NEED TO SAY WE HAD A WODERFUL TRIP AND EVERYONE WAS GREAT TO US THIS TIME , BUT WE BOUGHT OR TIME SHARE FROM AN ORIGINAL OWNER AND HE MADE OUR RESERVATIONS FOR US LAST YEAR AS PART OF BUYING FROM HIM, AND UPON CHECKIN EVEN WHEN SHOWING MY OWNERS CARD THEY HAD THE ORIGINAL OWNERS NAME NEXT TO OURS LIKE WE WERE A GUEST OF HIM AND I HAD TO CHANGE THAT THERE, SO WERE WE JUST LUCKY OR IS THERE A PROBLEM ???

WOULD LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK ON THIS ISSUE