Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: QUESTION FOR ALL RESALE OWNERS OF MAUI OCEAN CLUB (by Gregory B.):

>> I WAS TOLD THAT MAKE YOUR RESERVATION A YEAR IN ADVANCE, AND REQUEST THE LOCATION AND IT WAS A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS, AND THAT YOU WOULD BE GIVEN THE BEST AS TO WHEN YOU CALLED IN

That part is definitely not true. You can put in your requests for room location at any time, but the actual room assignments are not made until just a few weeks prior to check-in. The date/time when you made your original reservation has nothing to do with it. Room preference is given first to owners using their own weeks, then to other Marriott owners who are trading in, then to non-Marriott owners who are trading in. I guess there is another category of people who may be renting weeks directly from Marriott. I can only assume that they would get fairly high priority too (just guessing).

>> as my salesman was burning off steam ...

I wouldn't spend two seconds worrying about the issue of your salesman's bad mood. They will say/do whatever it takes to make a sale (even make up stories about how units are assigned). There are good ones and bad ones out there - sounds like you got a jerk.

>> NOW if marriott is blacklisting their resale owners ...

Whether resale buyers get an "EXTERNAL" flag next to their name - I have no idea. It would not surprise me however. Please let us know if you find out.