Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Question about Renting (by Mary D.):

stacye7 wrote:
I wanted to know what can be done for people who want to rent a unit but its less than 60 days for protection. If a person asks you to pay either by check or paypal, how can you really protect yourself. Also, is there a system here where you can rate the owners, kind of like eBay where the person who rents or buys can leave feedback. I am feeling very cautious about renting and want to feel secure. Thanks for any advice!

==== At less than 60 days out, many owners consider the full amount of rent due immediately. If check-in is quite close, make sure the person with whom you make the guest reservation will make contact with the receiving resort desk to be sure they will have the new guest name in their records, not the owner's. (They have been known not to get the change entered!) Sometimes it is even so late that a Guest Confirmation can't get to the renter by mail before the start date! In that case, I hope the resort group involved lets you access a copy of the reservation on line. Then you can be sure the right name is shown and can e-mail it to the renter. (Hair raising!) MD