Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Redweek T/s Exchange - need to pay MF's in advance? (by Peter W.):

jayjay wrote:
peter685 wrote:
Thanks for the response, Marty.

Well, I know I've got to pay those maintenance fees sometime, but it would just be a bit of a pain to have to pay them so early!

I presume from what you say that the early payment is a requirement of the exchange company (ie Redweek) rather than the resort? I understand that I can deposit my 2008 week with RCI without paying 2008 maintenance until it becomes due.

Pete

It's actually up to the resort where you own whether or not maintenance fees have to be prepaid in order to deposit a week with RCI. With the nine timeshares we owned, only 1 resort did not require maintenance fees to be paid before deposit, the other 8 required prepaid maintenance fees before depositing.

That's interesting.

I'm still not sure about all the politics involved here, though. As far as depositing with Redweek is concerned (as opposed to depositing with RCI), is it still the resort which dictates whether M/fs have to be paid before deposit? Or is it Redweek? The resort in question where I own is Orange Lake Country Club, Orlando. I understand I can deposit my OLCC week with RCI without having to pay M/fs until they are due. From what Marty said, it looks like if I go with Redweek I have to pay in advance. Why the difference?

Pete