Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: TIMESHARE OWNERS GETTING HOSED ON EXCHANGES! (by R P.):

phill12 wrote:
It seems that every year it gets worse doing a exchange.

No matter how good your resort is each year more owners exchanging into the worse units in the resorts.

With owners renting their units and the resorts renting it seems that exchangers are getting worse views, lower end units and long trips to main resort area!

This is one reason I always state buy where you want to go and trade is just a backup plan.

This was one reason we left timesharing for about ten years and just rented and this was great.

We came back to timesharing and until 2008 have not traded our unit because we have July 4th week in Lake Tahoe and great unit and will totally enjoy the week.

We hate going some where and depending what the person in charge gives you to stay in and in most cases it is not as nice as your unit you gave up!

This is why sometimes renting is way better if the owner has a assigned unit for you.

Then other side of the coin is some owners will have top unit ocean view and you pay extra and at front desk they give you the dump out by the parking lot.

Most resorts have the right to change rooms at anytime for renters and you paid high amount and get a unit that you could have rented at half the price if you would rent it at all!

I know someone will jump on here and say this doesn't happen because the owner has a assigned unit and rented with great location and made alot of money but it happens every day!

What happen to fair exchange?

I am adding to this post even though after reading couple times it sounds right to me! Seems jayjay and Ken are not understanding what I was trying to say!

I'm am saying that the exchanging families are more and more getting stuck in the bad buildings or units that have problems.

The resorts are keeping better units to rent out.

My post has nothing to do with the exchange it self or the exchange company. I am just talking about the resort signing you to a unit which in most cases is done couple weeks in advance in most resorts. The front desk people make changes all the time when you are checking in and this can be good or bad.

Hope this clears up my post even though I think my post said it right the first time. PHIL

I think the confusion was that the title of the thread was 'TIMESHARE OWNERS GETTING HOSED ON EXCHANGES'. It wasn't quite clear if you were referring to people getting hosed by the exchange companies or if you were speaking of units assigned at the resort upon arrival for exchangers.

It looks as if there are two completely different discussions in your post, thus the reason for all the confusion.

Either way, I certainly don't think there was any bone of contention by me or Ken toward you and I don't think that you took our posts as such. We were just trying to comprehend what you were saying and it took you a few days to get back to your post for an explanation of what you meant.