Sunterra timeshares

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Sunterra timeshares (by Orville F.):

If it cost more than $2995 as you say, I would not buy into their system unless I had a real dog of a timeshare as it only costs $150 per year through Red Week or Interval International to trade what you have for another nice timeshare.

I could buy a nice timeshare to trade with for that price on E-Bay. Or I could rent most timeshares for little more than the annual maintenance fee. Take a look at some of the many (For Rent) listings on several internet sites such as this one if you don't believe me.

Don't buy a timeshare unless you plan to use it or it's a great trader which you'll use through RCI, II, or Redweek or DAE. Otherwise just rent what you want when you want it from some other person that can't make the trip, but is forced to pay their annual maintenance fee anyway. Many, many timeshares go unused every year. And many people are really bummed out when they later find out they could have just rented and not been out all the initial money it took to be responsible for the annual maintenance and special assessments.