Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Will rci points work for us? (by Barbara P.):

I was torn as to whether to put this in points or exchanges forum, but my concern is the exchanges so here it goes.

I am looking at rci points for regular exchanges into Vegas, Mexico and Dominican, aswell as one time exchanges into Orlando and Hawaii. We are quite flexible, but do most of our travel in the winter months of Oct through March perhaps into April. We do live in a smaller city and need to arrange flights a little more in advance that some in larger cities although we have two major US carriers aswell as our Air Canada and Westjet. We don't have kids and would travel mostly to studios and we are not extremely fussy about accomodations, it's more about location for us. We can travel in shoulder seasons somewhat and are reasonably flexible during the winter months. Will we still have to be planning these well over a year in advance in most cases? I see so many unhappy posts in regards to RCI exchanges that it worries me to choose RCI points? Any thoughts?

I have been researching the timeshare thing about 7 months now, I am struggling between HGVC or RCI points. My Brother and his wife have RCI weeks and seem to recommend RCI points instead, but they have learned to system well and it has for the most part worked well for them so I would benefit from their experience. HGVC seems great aswell but will cost much more to get into the system and it seems to limited to rely on exchanges through them via RCI for Mexico and the Dominican. I would love opinions.

Thanks Barb