Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Club Navigo is a rip off (by David C.):

I just read Dennis B.'s comments and it makes me furious that this crap is still going on. We purchased our first timeshare in 1989. For several years we were not able to get an exchange. Then as our schedules became more flexible we did have some success but never made up for the lost years of taxes and maintenance fees. Then about 5 years ago we were convinced that by buying another one (how stupid were we) that was less expensive and every other year we could convert it all to a point system and be able to exchange easier and in reality get more time as we owend a two bedroom worth 4000 points and could exchange it for a one bedroom worth half the points getting an extra week. In theory that would work great if they weren't such crooks. The problem is when Mr. A banks his week at timeshare X, timeshare X is rented or placed for rent and not available when someone calls later looking for an exchange. As recent as this afternoon I tried exchanging for a specific resort in Puerto Vallarta. Nothing was available. I hung up, called right back and to there rental department. I could rent all the weeks I want! I am a former Marine and some of my vocabulary almost came back from those days. I wanted to reach thru the phone and strangle someone. I have no idea how to go about a class action suit but would like to be part of one. We have some friends that paid a few thousand dollars to have one of those companies take theirs off their hands. They were paying $1200.00 in maintenance and taxes and no longer own. They instead rent with no problem for close to half what they use to pay annually in M&T and exchange fees. I am afraid that some of those companies are scam artists too. I think half of Florida is involved in the timeshare scam including elected officials because it is such a good revenue stream for everyone there. They should all be locked up.