Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Club Navigo NOT is a rip off - I have shared my success stories (by Steve M.):

Well John, there would seem to be a pretty good bet that they are one in the same. Both making the same unsupported claims, and neither willing to give any details to back up that claim.

Unfortunately, I have seen many of this type of complaint on these and other forums. About six months ago, I ran across a person who claimed he was ripped off. Instead of ignoring my request for details, he made them up. But he didn't bother doing even the slightest bit of research. Claimed he had a 2 Br lock-out at Grand Seas and a 3Br lock-out at Liki Tiki. When I asked for the room numbers from the deeds and the amount of points, his answers were obviously bogus to anyone who actually owned such units - like me.

He said the room at the Grand Seas was 8002 and that it was a 6000 point unit. Problem being - there is no 8th floor at the Grand Seas, and no unit is deeded for more than 5000 points.

The there was the 3Br at Liki Tiki. Said he owned unit 700 and it was a 10,000 point unit. Again, bogus, the unit number would have to be 701, 702 etc. and would also include 2 letters if it was a three bedroom lock out. And, there would not be any unit that had 10,000 points as the largest unit in high season is 8,000 points.

I know because I own/owned 2 of those 3Br units at Liki Tiki, a 2Br lock-out at Liki Tiki and 2 2Br lock-out units at Grand Seas. I also own a 1Br event week at The Cove South. So let's just say I know the system, and can spot a fake.

One other scam I came across was on Trip TripAdvisor. A review claimed that the place was a dump, with no help on the grounds and no security. Claimed that gangs ran wild inside the grounds and had ransacked dozens of units and guests cars while he was there. Problem being, I was there with my family the same week he claims to have been there. Grounds were if great shape and staff was to be seen everywhere. The security was almost to strict the first couple of days, until the guard began to recognize the vehicle and my face. And there certainly were no gangs running around. I simply do not understand why people do this type of thing, unless these are former employees, who were fired. I have been given to understand that a large number of people were let go because they were using unethical tactics to sell time shares. Who Knows.

All I know is that I agree with John completely - if you do a little planning, and understand what a time share is and can be - you can have a great vacation and get tremendous value out of your ownership.

The proof - I used the 8000 points from just one of my Liki Tiki 3Br units to book 3 separate stays for friends and family at the Cove in 2Br South Tower units, and another in a Studio in the North Tower. They all were traveling in the low season, so I got great value for the points. 4 stays instead of just one.