Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Selling deed weeks vs. destination points (by Julie V.):

As an owner of a few prime weeks at both the Ocean Club and Napili towers I decided to not be left behind and bought into the points program just to have the options (one that I doubt I'll exercise much since Maui XMas/New Years is exactly where I want to be and the rental demand is high)..

That said my MIL didn't buy the points and owns weeks 51 & 52 in the old tower. Question is about resale. How do you think the points program has effected the values and sales of the deeded weeks in the resale market? Do you think there is more value to having deed property that can easily be exchanged or that it's a handicap to not be part of the program at the time of sale.

I spoke with Marriott customer service and confirmed that only the original owner can convert to the Destinations Points program. Wondering if it would be wise to pay a whopping $2300 to join the program prior to the sale as at that point they are transferable.

Looking forward to reading comments. Especially interested in those who have tried and/or been successful in selling since the points program came into play.