Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Finally got rid of my timeshare! (by Don P.):

johnb2353 wrote:
My lawyer negotiated a sale back. Don't try to do it yourself. I tried and got nowhere. But they respond to attorneys. I'd be happy to share my attorney's name if you want to use her. E-mail me at jockwood@hotmail.com

She asked me not to post her name here as she will be flooded with requests.

THIS IS A SCAM !!!!! This is the new scam going around the timeshare industry. Phony attorneys and paralegals claiming they can get you out of your contract or recover money that you have been scammed out of. Attorneys are not allowed to solicit business this way. Report them to the bar association for this violation.

These scammers just want your upfront money and they will promise you anything to get it. Ask them for their physical address........ not a website, telephone number or a drop box for thier mail. Follow up and use google and you will find out that they are either a mail drop box or a home address. Once they have your money there is no way to find them to get your money back once it's gone.

You can do all the leg work yourself that they claim they will do for an " ufront fee ". I successfully gave back two timeshares through a " deed back " two years ago. I just simply contacted my home resorts and explained my situation and asked them to take them back before I would dispose of them on my own. They both accepted and it only cost me a small fee for filing the paperwork. I just had to be current with all maintenance fees and assessments.

Don't get involved with these scammers. Simply ask a few questions and they will disappear once they realize that you will not be scammed. NEVER PAY ANYONE MONEY UPFRONT TO SELL, RENT OR GET YOU OUT OF YOUR TIMESHARE CONTRACT !!!!!!!!!!!