Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Krystal is a big Fraud!! (by Ted F.):

I was deceived: On November 6th, 2012, my girlfriend and I (Stacey Brigham and Ted H. Franse) attended a sales presentation at the NH Krystal resort in Cancun Mexico, The first sales representative that we were introduced to gave a brief tour of the resort. (although no rooms were available to show due to remodeling, so they say) we found it kind of odd why he wanted to know not [1] once but [2] twice how long we were staying in Cancun? [The probe] we told him that we were leaving in a few days and as the tour continued and Roy began to explain to us what RCI was about and also talked about all the places that our family could vacation at around the world sensing that we were not that interested, he then introduced us to a second sales representative. [The switch off]

This sales person knowingly and intentionally, lured us in on the idea of buying into this [Vacation Club Investment] for generating income and by letting them rent out these weeks to Conventional Attendees across the street and by depositing the weeks with a timeshare rental company. (Continental Connections was the rental company that he / they said to contact and that was who they set us up with). The Quality Assurance Manager GUARANTEED that they would be renting all 15(power weeks) weeks all at once to convention and golf tournaments attendees and etc. We were promised that we could get back at least if not more than $10,500; which by far would cover the entire cost of program and more. I knew that we could not get rich from this offer and it sounded good.[Bait] They also "assured us / me'' that the weeks would be rented no less than 5 weeks a year and may even take a little longer. I was still skeptical and reluctant to sign the contract, but the only reason we went in the first place, was that they would be taking a timeshare I had and take that off my hands. Then they also said that in addition to this "Investment opportunity" we would also be included access to what he said was NH Krystal exclusive travel club ICE (International Cruise and Excursions). He said that as a member of this travel club our vacations would be unlimited and that we could use this membership as often as we liked. Our family could vacation all over the world, and the club offered reduced rates that would give us 20-40% off airfare. It was also said that we would pay no more than $399 per week for accommodations that could sleep up to 10 people for future travel world-wide which was especially appealing to us, since I / we travel a lot.

The assurance manager said that the annual membership fee for ICE is $199, but because he said he liked us so much he said would be waiving ICE the fee for the first (2) two years. When we asked if we could purchase ONLY the ICE travel club and not the “investment opportunity” and He said No, and that the club is ONLY available exclusively to NH Krystal Vacation Club members. This travel club sounded great to us, since the cost of traveling with our whole family easily exceeds $399. We were GUARANTEED an income generating "Investment", discounted vacations with ICE.

During the purchase process Krystal disclaimed their guarantee to the rental income, The assurance manager noticed my pause as I read the sentence, but quickly explained that the Krystal lawyers stated that they could not include that clause since the renting out there{Vacation Club} are handled by the broker (Continental Connections). ''WE'' specifically told Him that the only way I would even consider this deal, that they purchase my current timeshare from “Hyatt”. They agreed to take my Hyatt timeshare as part of the deal. Needless to say that this sales presentation was supposed to take only 90 minutes but winded up taking a little over five (5) hours, this is how pressed they were for our business!! This purchase turned out to be nothing, but a scam. We / I did not get my 15 weeks, which was the actual program I purchased. For what I ended up paying just over $2,850 US dollars, charged on my Harley card. I also had to pay $695 to “Continental Connections” to list those 15 weeks and they charged $695 dollars, on my Harley card. That ended up being a total scam too. I was also provided the opportunity to buy back my Hyatt timeshare for $1,000, which I did, on my Capital One Credit Card. Now, had I known they really never sold me anything, I ended up getting scammed out of that $1,000 dollars, too. A person named Hans directed us into an office and had me speak with a broker on the phone at Continental Connections for the Resale and Rentals that he (Hanz) personally called. Hans had me speak with the broker to confirm a date and time that he (the broker) could call us when arrived back to the US in regards to preparing our 15 weeks to be made available for rental. Hans and the broker both reassured us and guaranteed us that there would not be problem renting out the 15 weeks. [Lie]

Hans was very charming and smooth and said we were special and that he generally doesn't go out his way for his clients like this period!! He also mentioned that by taking care of us we would send him referral's when we returned to the U.S. I mean he went above and beyond, by inviting us back to the resort after we purchased this so call "Vacation Club investment” and that this was {A LIGITEMENT} deal and we had nothing to worry about.. [Lie] he then gave us tickets for a swim with the dolphins trip. This man!! Befriended US we really thought he was genuine and that this was a ''LEGINTIMATE PURCHASE'' and a good investment that would benefit our family, we were really excited about it. Hans offered what we thought was a ''perfect solution'' as he stated NH Krystal as an "investment" opportunity with there so called Vacation Club, and in addition our package included an affordable way for our family to travel around the world. (Which we would have been perfectly satisfied with purchasing WITHOUT buying the time share, but were told we were not able to). Before I knew this was all a scam, I was contacted by I.C.E. I paid a $2,999 cost and a fee of $399 and 18 payments charged to my Harley card for $153.44 dollars. Now I cannot get access to my I.C.E. account and they are also requesting more money. The manager’s name was Maxine (888-320-4234 ext. 4319),

I’ve already been screwed for over $8,000 dollars, so I do not planned to get screwed for more money.

When we arrived back home to the United States the broker from Continental Connections as scheduled called to obtain information so that our "Investment" property could listed and made available for renting immediately. (Yet during the presentation in Cancun Hanz failed to disclose that the broker would require a $695 broker fee). Continental Connections sent me a contract to sign, in the contract, it said it would be listed 24/7 and 365 days a year. It never was, listed. They stated and have on their paperwork that they have been a broker for over 75 years and will have no problem renting all my 15 weeks.

I would periodically contact the folks at Continental Connections to see what, if anything was happening and I was instructed, nothing yet. Eventually I attempted to contact them, and they are nowhere to be found. No emails, no replies, phone numbers no longer work. I later found tons of complaints after complaints after complaints, on the internet from customers just like myself I, being made the same promises and guarantees and NH Krystal not delivering on them, My heart fell to the floor, as I realized that we had also become a victim of the same scam, lies and deception. Well Maxine said that ICE is SEPARATE from NH Krystal and that even if I cancelled my contract with NH Krystal, I would still be able to enroll in the ICE travel club. So NH Krystal and Hanz LIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Knowingly and intentionally)

I contacted the brokers Continental Connections for resale and rentals and spoke with the customer service manager Contratos, who of course said that they cannot and did not make these guarantees, and that I should contact NH Krystal. I have sent several emails to Mr. Ray Rubio ph# 011 52 99 88 48 98 00 ext 703 and Laura Gonzalez ph# 011 52 99 88 48 98 00 ext. 728 and have sent tons of emails to their Quality Assurance person “Martha Gonzalez”. They are not able to be contacted or reached.

The NH Krystal Cancun sales tactics are intentional, unethical, fraudulent, deceitfully and misleading, this type of action is illegal. I am requesting all charges to my Harley Card and Capital One Credit cards be reversed. Basically this contract was built on lies, and was presented to us as a property investment with high profit returns. NH Krystal and Hanz deliberately an intentionally deceived us and also hid that fact that we had option to purchase the ICE travel club without buying into their so called “Investment opportunity”.

The existence of fraud is prevalent and should be cause for this contract to be voided. Had we seen these complaints prior this we would have walked away, better yet ran away from them when we first arrived in Cancun Mexico and were approached by NH Krystal representatives at the airport.

As a consumer we have the right to receive sufficient and truthful information about the products acquired (articles 32, 33, & 34 of the Federal Consumer Protection Law of Mexico. Because the NH Krystal purposely misrepresented their product.

“To constitute fraud the misrepresentation [or omission] must be made knowingly and intentionally, not as a result of mistake or accident; that is, that the person either knew or should have known of the falsity of the misrepresentation [or the false effect of the omission], or that he made the misrepresentation [or omission] in negligent disregard of its truth or falsity.”

I am flying to Cancun on January 2nd 2016 to try and get in the Hotel, and see if I can politely convince them to give my money back. Sincerely,

Ted H. Franse The Cardholder.