Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Planet hollywood towers in Las Vegas strip (by R P.):

lynn127 wrote:
Jay is absoLUTEly right.. ALWAYS buy on the resale market where the prices are much below the market prices asked by the builders. I will never understand how people are so ready to gobble these places up...at 10's of thousands of $$, plus all the fees and taxes! Do your homework! As with anything.. if something sounds to good to be true it probably is:) Also, Bigger is NOT always better! ps to Ken: Unfortunately my unit was NOT a Westgage property when I bought it, however it was bought out by them a few years ago. I have been happier trading into Sheraton or Hilton properties .. was hoping one of them would buy us.. oh well !

Unfortunately, the vast majority of people have never heard of the timeshare resale market. They are caught off guard by the gifts, freebies and money offered by timeshare 'hawkers' for presentations while they're on vacation.

Also timeshare salespeople are very good at what they do - persuasion. Many people have never been inside a luxurious resort and they are taken in by the beauty and all the amenities.

And, believe it or not, many people think that buying a resale timeshare is somehow inferior to buying a developer timeshare when, in acutality, they are both the exact same product. High developer prices are due to all the marketing costs to get new buyers (fresh meat) into presentations.