Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Time Shares (by Kathi L.):

margaret915 Margaret; Yes, you definitely do have to pay a fee to trade into another Marriott property. The fee varies - less for US sites, more for International sites. Unfortunately, there are fees whatever you do - banking weeks, trading, turning the week into Marriott for points. I own at Barony Beach in Hilton Head, not in Myrtle Beach so I can't be sure whether their 'season' designation is exactly the same as Hilton Head, but I'd assume it's quite similar. Bronze, the cheapest timeframe to buy, has the fewest weeks and the least desireable time available - I think December and January (but not Christmas or New Years) and maybe a couple of weeks in November, but not Thanksgiving. Silver season has Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, also February and maybe early March. Gold has Labor Day through early November, and late March through the end of May. Platinum is summer season - the most expensive - June through August. If you call OceanWatch, or Marriott Owner services, they can tell you exact dates. Or check the Marriott Vacation Club website and go to the resort you're interested in. There should be a calendar which tells you which weeks are which season. Kathi