Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Best resorts to vacation out west...give me some ideas, please:) (by MaryLou E.):

jgira12 wrote:
Thought about spending some time within 3 days drive of Michigan. We prefer 5 star resorts...we own at Hurricane House (52 weeks/year red time) on Sanibel. Looking for something equivalent in perhaps, AZ, NM, orother states for a warm weather trip. Would consider renting, or trading. Also, would consider a month in the area to make the trip worthwhile. If you know of any condos that rent by the month, bring 'em on!:)

I have owned with Sunterra Resorts for 11 years which was recently bought by Diamond Resorts which is a great thing for owners. I own a deed held in trust which I have points attached so I can stay two days or a month or as long as my points will allwo.

Diamond Resorts is upgrading most or all of the 100 properties that they own and some of the units at the Sedona Summit have already been done and the quality far surpasses anything else that I have stayed in. I have quite a few points and stayed in Maui this past June for almost a month at the Kaanapali Beach Club which is one of their properties in Maui but I also exchanged into the Maui Marriott through II using my points and spent one of my weeks ther.

I only stay in resorts that are five star or gold crown and Diamond is the only company that trades with II on points as II is not a point base system. Diamond has quite a few properties in the Southwest but you can also exchange through II and the availability is great using points, unlike trading with a traditional week.

I booked my month stay in Maui three weeks out and was able to get what I want so I can honestly say that Diamond offers the best product in the industry and I have been involved in timesahare for about 20 years.

Hope you found this info helpful and let me know if you have anymore questions.