General Discussion

Best resorts to vacation out west...give me some ideas, please:)

Mar 16, 2007

Thought about spending some time within 3 days drive of Michigan. We prefer 5 star resorts...we own at Hurricane House (52 weeks/year red time) on Sanibel. Looking for something equivalent in perhaps, AZ, NM, orother states for a warm weather trip. Would consider renting, or trading. Also, would consider a month in the area to make the trip worthwhile. If you know of any condos that rent by the month, bring 'em on!:)

Jerry G.
Mar 17, 2007

We very much enjoyed Arroyo Roble Resort in Sedona, AZ. Sedona is one of the most awesomely beautiful areas of this great country. The red rock mountains change colors depending on the time of day and it is a photographer's paradise. Sedona is also only a 2 hour drive to the Grand Canyon .... a must see.

There's a lot to do in the area. Google Sedona, AZ things to see and do.

R P.
Apr 07, 2007

South Lake Tahoe in California is also a great vacation site in the summer if you like nature scenes. Great water and gorgeous views. Either the Marriott Timber Lodge or Grand Residences are located right at the Heavenly Gondola and in a cute village. What time of the year are you looking at? We own at Timber Lodge Aug18-25 if you are interested in renting.

Rita T.
Apr 17, 2007

ritat17 wrote:
South Lake Tahoe in California is also a great vacation site in the summer if you like nature scenes. Great water and gorgeous views. Either the Marriott Timber Lodge or Grand Residences are located right at the Heavenly Gondola and in a cute village. What time of the year are you looking at? We own at Timber Lodge Aug18-25 if you are interested in renting.

I would also agree that Lake Tahoe is one of the best places summer or winter!

There is so much to do in the area, we like the Timber Lodge and area for the day but we like being futher away from the main area and the people.

We love the Ridge Tahoe and have owned there two different times over the last fifteen years!

Phil L.
Apr 17, 2007

phill12 wrote:
ritat17 wrote:

There is so much to do in the area, we like the Timber Lodge and area for the day but we like being futher away from the main area and the people.

We love the Ridge Tahoe and have owned there two different times over the last fifteen years!

Yep, there's definitely a reason they call that resort Heavenly :). Where is Sanebel anyway?

Rita T.

Last edited by marty8084 on Apr 17, 2007 03:19 PM

Apr 27, 2007

ritat17 wrote:
phill12 wrote:
ritat17 wrote:

Yep, there's definitely a reason they call that resort Heavenly :). Where is Sanebel anyway?

Hey folks...thanks for the replies. Sanibel Island is on the gulf side of Florida just north of Naples...also 'paradise' :)

Jerry G.
Aug 16, 2007

jgira12 wrote:
Thought about spending some time within 3 days drive of Michigan. We prefer 5 star resorts...we own at Hurricane House (52 weeks/year red time) on Sanibel. Looking for something equivalent in perhaps, AZ, NM, orother states for a warm weather trip. Would consider renting, or trading. Also, would consider a month in the area to make the trip worthwhile. If you know of any condos that rent by the month, bring 'em on!:)
======== For a shorter drive from Michigan, consider Branson. It is much more than country music! There are many many timeshares in the vicinity, so look over the "for rent" section of RedWeeks. There should be several nice ones that you can string together for a month!. MD

Mary D.
Nov 17, 2007

jgira12 wrote:

I have owned with Sunterra Resorts for 11 years which was recently bought by Diamond Resorts which is a great thing for owners. I own a deed held in trust which I have points attached so I can stay two days or a month or as long as my points will allwo.

Diamond Resorts is upgrading most or all of the 100 properties that they own and some of the units at the Sedona Summit have already been done and the quality far surpasses anything else that I have stayed in. I have quite a few points and stayed in Maui this past June for almost a month at the Kaanapali Beach Club which is one of their properties in Maui but I also exchanged into the Maui Marriott through II using my points and spent one of my weeks ther.

I only stay in resorts that are five star or gold crown and Diamond is the only company that trades with II on points as II is not a point base system. Diamond has quite a few properties in the Southwest but you can also exchange through II and the availability is great using points, unlike trading with a traditional week.

I booked my month stay in Maui three weeks out and was able to get what I want so I can honestly say that Diamond offers the best product in the industry and I have been involved in timesahare for about 20 years.

Hope you found this info helpful and let me know if you have anymore questions.

MaryLou E.
Dec 20, 2007

maryloue2 says: I only stay in resorts that are five star or gold crown and Diamond is the only company that trades with II on points as II is not a point base system. Diamond has quite a few properties in the Southwest but you can also exchange through II and the availability is great using points, unlike trading with a traditional week. ===== Our first membership with Interval International was through the Bluegreen system which uses points. One simply uses owned points to reserve a full week and then banks it with II, just as we do with RCI. Do you mean that Diamond has an arrangement with II that lets you exchange for partial weeks, as you can in the RCI Points system? MD

Mary D.
Dec 21, 2007

adahiscout wrote:
maryloue2 says: I only stay in resorts that are five star or gold crown and Diamond is the only company that trades with II on points as II is not a point base system. Diamond has quite a few properties in the Southwest but you can also exchange through II and the availability is great using points, unlike trading with a traditional week. ===== Our first membership with Interval International was through the Bluegreen system which uses points. One simply uses owned points to reserve a full week and then banks it with II, just as we do with RCI. Do you mean that Diamond has an arrangement with II that lets you exchange for partial weeks, as you can in the RCI Points system? MD
======================== With Bluegreen you had to book a week, then exchange with II. I believe the arrangement between II and Diamond (Sunterra) is similar to the RCI Points program. You can book a week with II using your Diamond Points. Diamond will then deposit a comparable unit into the II system. I don't know if there are provisions to book a partial week as with RCI, though you can book a partial week within Diamonds Resort system.

MaryLou, feel free to confirm, clarify, or elaborate.

Mike

Mike N.
Dec 21, 2007

mike1536 wrote:
adahiscout wrote:
======================== With Bluegreen you had to book a week, then exchange with II. I believe the arrangement between II and Diamond (Sunterra) is similar to the RCI Points program. You can book a week with II using your Diamond Points. Diamond will then deposit a comparable unit into the II system. I don't know if there are provisions to book a partial week as with RCI, though you can book a partial week within Diamonds Resort system.

Mike

==== I don't quite see the difference since it is still a week's worth of points or a week from your standpoint. Are you saying that this gives II the opportunity to choose a week it actually needs rather than accepting whatever you offer and therefore has more trading power? Guess that would make some sense. MD

Mary D.
Dec 22, 2007

adahiscout wrote:
mike1536 wrote:
adahiscout wrote:

Mike

==== I don't quite see the difference since it is still a week's worth of points or a week from your standpoint. Are you saying that this gives II the opportunity to choose a week it actually needs rather than accepting whatever you offer and therefore has more trading power? Guess that would make some sense. MD
=========== The only difference is that you need to book a week at Bluegreen then deposit the week. The arrangement between Diamond and II is more like the RCI Points system, thus you do not have to pre-book a week. For Diamond owners, II units have a point value assigned (by Diamond ?). I don't know the actual arrangement between Diamond and II regarding Diamond depositing a week into the II system, but I assume Diamond's 100 resorts use the same point system. So if you book a week worth 5000 points, Diamond gives II one of their 5000-point weeks. If Diamond started offering crappy weeks, II would probably stop the exchange agreement. Mike

Mike N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.